How to tell an authentic pair of Sony MDR-7506/V6
Jan 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HockeySavants

New Head-Fier
I decided to do this for all my friends who have recently been interested in buying Sony Headphones. NOTE: These are MDR-7506s however the MDR-V6 model are built exactly the same.​

NOTE:  MDR-7506s have been known to be made in Japan, China, Thailand.

The headphones in the picture are actually made in China, but Sony has since moved all 7506/V6 to Thailand.

I was tired of seeing so many threads of "Are my 7506s fake?" that I decided to make a thread with detailed photos and description.​

Each picture below explains how the authentics stand apart from the fakes.​

Notice how the headband is round. The fakes typically have 'edges' and are not round.

Look at how the cups lay evenly against each other at the centre. The fakes often will not.

Notice how the ear cups are of two different colours/shades. The actual cup holding the driver is made of metal while the outer piece is plastic. The fakes often look very glossy and/or have plastic all around.

The ear cups will sink in as normal, however the cheap versions tend to sink in completely flat or are unevenly. These cups 'should' be the only glossy part when a photograph is taken. Again look how round the headband is.

Look how the "STUDIO MONITOR" is nice and even and centered. The fakes are always crooked and cheaply done. Also notice the headphone cable is matte and not glossy like the fakes.

The 1/4" Adapter screwed on, it's supposed to be gold with green lines. The fakes have a cheap coating and/or black lines. Also notice the headphone cable is matte and not glossy like the fakes.

Look at the spacing between "DYNAMIC STEREO HEADPHONES". The fakes always run too close. Also look at the "Professional" logo. See how you can see gold 'grain' running through the letters. Some fakes use all CAPS and a different font that looks cheap. Also the stickers on the fakes are often crooked.

Look at the "L" label. The knock offs typically are glued on and glue residue will also bee seen on the fakes. These always fall right off on the cheap knockoffs.

I hope you guys find this useful, and overall the fakes will NEVER sound like an authentic pair.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 4
There actually is a small difference between the 7506s and the V6s (nitpicking really), the V6s have a silver 3.5mm plug and 1/4" adapter, not gold. Other than that, well done!

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
There actually is a small difference between the 7506s and the V6s (nitpicking really), the V6s have a silver 3.5mm plug and 1/4" adapter, not gold. Other than that, looks great!

Basically, I would know I have both lol.

To be exact:

V6s have red labels, silver plugs.  The rest is essentially the same.

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Decidi fazer isso para todos os meus amigos que recentemente se interessaram em comprar fones de ouvido Sony. NOTA: Estes são MDR-7506s, porém o modelo MDR-V6 é construído exatamente da mesma forma.​

NOTA: Sabe-se que os MDR-7506 são fabricados no Japão, China e Tailândia.

Os fones de ouvido na foto são, na verdade, fabricados na China, mas desde então a Sony transferiu todos os 7506/V6 para a Tailândia.

Eu estava cansado de ver tantos tópicos de "Meus 7506 são falsos?" que resolvi fazer um tópico com fotos detalhadas e descrição.​

Cada imagem abaixo explica como os autênticos se diferenciam das falsificações.​

[ANEXAR]768587[/ANEXAR]

Observe como a faixa para a cabeça é redonda. As falsificações normalmente têm “bordas” e não são redondas.

[ANEXAR]768589[/ANEXAR]

Veja como as xícaras ficam uniformemente umas contra as outras no centro. As falsificações muitas vezes não.

[ANEXAR]768590[/ANEXAR]

Observe como os protetores auriculares são de duas cores/tons diferentes. O copo real que segura o driver é feito de metal, enquanto a peça externa é de plástico. As falsificações geralmente parecem muito brilhantes e/ou têm plástico por toda parte.

[ANEXAR]768593[/ANEXAR]
Os protetores auriculares afundam normalmente, mas as versões baratas tendem a afundar completamente ou de forma irregular. Essas xícaras “deveriam” ser a única parte brilhante quando uma fotografia é tirada. Mais uma vez, veja como a faixa é redonda.

Veja como o "STUDIO MONITOR" é bonito, uniforme e centralizado. As falsificações são sempre tortas e baratas. Observe também que o cabo do fone de ouvido é fosco e não brilhante como os falsificados.

[ANEXAR]768595[/ANEXAR]

O adaptador de 1/4" parafusado, deveria ser dourado com linhas verdes. As falsificações têm um revestimento barato e/ou linhas pretas. Observe também que o cabo do fone de ouvido é fosco e não brilhante como as falsificações.

[ANEXAR]768596[/ANEXAR]

Observe o espaçamento entre "FONES DE OUVIDO ESTÉREO DINÂMICOS". As falsificações sempre chegam perto demais. Observe também o logotipo "Profissional". Veja como você pode ver o 'grão' de ouro passando pelas letras. Algumas falsificações usam letras maiúsculas e uma fonte diferente que parece barata. Além disso, os adesivos nas falsificações costumam ser tortos.

[ANEXAR]768597[/ANEXAR]

Observe o rótulo "L". As falsificações normalmente são coladas e resíduos de cola também podem ser vistos nas falsificações. Eles sempre caem nas imitações baratas.

Espero que vocês achem isso útil e, no geral, as falsificações NUNCA soarão como um par autêntico.
Olá HockeySavants, muito obrigado pela postagem. Ajudou bastante na minha dúvida, mas ainda me resta uma. No lado L, percebi em algumas fotos da internet que há a marcação CE (Conformité Européenne), que é o selo de qualidade exigido na Europa para comercialização de produtos.
Os que não tem, que é o meu caso, sabe me dizer o quanto isso pode indicar que é um produto falsificado?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back