How to split a big .wav file that comes with a .cue file?
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

AlanY

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got an audio CD rip that's all in one big .wav file along with an associated .cue file. I'd like to use the information in the .cue file to split it up into separate tracks. What is the best/simplest way to do this? Either Windows or Mac software is fine.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 18
You can use EAC, tools-> split wav by cue sheet-> with gaps

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 18
Foobar2000 can do this as well.
It will see your cue + wav as seperate songs and if you're lucky it will also find the names of the songs as well. Then convert that list to any other format (with tags).

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 18
First of all, I don't really think you want to split them because there are advantages of having .cue/ .wav (or .flac) files

Secondly, why would you rip your perfectly legal CD as an image and split it afterwards? Bit odd isn't it if you could just rip them to separate ones?

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 18
I'd definitely go with EAC, or even better burn the .cue to cd and re-rip into a lossless format to save a little hard drive space.

psst...EnOYiN...he didn't say anything about ripping it himself.
biggrin.gif
Although I hope that's the case.

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 18
I highly recommend Max.
Allow you to split files using cue sheets, and so much more..

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 18
  You might try Foobar or Cuetools
http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Splitter.htm

Thanks, I will try and report back. Actually, I have always been using the DCSoft CDRCue 2004 to edit cue files and EAC to split the WAV files, but EAC can only handle 44.1 files, not 192 ones, that was something very new for me.

I have never used foobar, I always used MediaMonkey and recently switched to JRiver when I got my first DAC (Geek Pluse SFi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back