How to save $70 on cleaning your ears
Sep 22, 2007 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

greydragon

1000+ Head-Fier
Heard about the EarClear anyone? These jumbo sized syringe with nozzle goes for about $65-70 a pop
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

earclearfb0.jpg

I got the chance to use my friend's and they do the job of irrigating your ear canals with warm water + pressure. Folks, the same thing can be had when you use your a nozzle adjustable shower head.

What I do is set shower nozzle to the stronger, focused nozzle and point it horizontal towards my ear about 8" to 1' away. Adjust the heat of the water to a temperature warm enough so you can stand, and spray the stream slightly upwards into the ear canal(for beginners, I suggest you use the normal or softer nozzle to get used to it, but it is the pressure + heat that truly does the job). You should feel a smoothing pressure from the shower head spray. I say do each ear for about 1-2 mins and all the wax should detach from your eardrums/ear canal. Afterwards, use a alcohol dipped q-tip and wait a little while for your ears to dry.

I know as a fellow Head-fier that the 'sound' is of utmost importance, but having clogged ears defeats the purpose of spending all that money. After the DIY earwax cleaning, my hearing crisped and cleared up and man does the e500 sound soooooooo good. Plus it helps keep your IEM tips clean longer
etysmile.gif

I hope somebody finds this useful.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 25
mine are seriously clogged; i've been working on them with hydrogen peroxide in the shower, but not making enough progress; need to try this and isopropal alchohol

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 25
For serious clogs, it's probably better to go to an audiologist / ENT. Cleaning shouldn't be expensive and at least you'll have the security of dealing with an experienced practitioner.

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 25
Hmm...
risk of permanent hearing loss
or
15 min drive + $doctor visit
.... touch choice...
I think I'll have to take the doctor.

You can work back the money you pay a doctor. No amount of working can bring back your hearing to what it used to be (as of now).

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #8 of 25
this looks like the smartest answer to home ear wax removal of all time . . .
It's caled Ear-igate and it's nozzle sprays AWAY from the eardrum, unlike most others.
It goes for about $15.00 a can, but as soon as I can find it in my local Rx I plan to try it.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 25
I use a 60cc syringe, not with the Leur Lock, but with the tapered nozzle. Aim is critical. Compared with going to a doctor, you can go easy on your ears, as you can feel how much pressure is enough or too much. The doctor can not.

If we think of this as a tweak, it could easily be the ultimate tweak, and one not mentioned by P/82 either.

Laz

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 25
PLEASE do NOT use the shower method. Unless you want a nice risk of a perforated tympanic membrane....

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 25
Hydrogen peroxide works best. It doesn't cause any pressure on the eardrum and it doesn't hurt. Just a few drops to fill the canal, but you gotta wait. Just lie there for like 10-15 minutes for everything to become dislodged then rinse out with water.

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How dirty do the inside of your ears get??? MAN!

It's not necessarily that your ears get dirty; you could have a natural problem with your ears not cleaning themselves as they naturally should or, like me, you have a problem with excessive serumen forming very quickly.

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #14 of 25
I've discovered that using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove corneal micro-scratches! Can't wait to try it!
NOTE TO THE STUPID: THIS POST WAS SARCASTIC. DO NOT USE MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER ON YOUR EYES.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hydrogen peroxide works best. It doesn't cause any pressure on the eardrum and it doesn't hurt. Just a few drops to fill the canal, but you gotta wait. Just lie there for like 10-15 minutes for everything to become dislodged then rinse out with water.

I can't possibly imagine why this is good for you. Why would you lie for 15 minutes and let the hydrogen peroxide react with your eardrums and ear canal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back