How to safely buy/sell using Paypal
May 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

soundslikebliss

Head-Fier
I understand that it's safer to not buy as a gift on Paypal, but I don't even know how that is done. 

I was sent an invoice for some t5p's, but I don't know how to identify if it was a gift or a purchase.  

The seller seemed trustable, but for the future, I'd like to make it clear that I'm protecting myself.  

Thanks,
-bliss

May 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 4
If you were sent an invoice, there is no way for it to be a gift.  For gifts you have to initiate the transfer (and select it as an option in the "send money" tab.)

However, you will still only be protected by paypal's protection even if paying for goods, which is horrible.  So make sure to set up a credit card on your paypal account and pay the invoice through that - this will ensure that you get to deal with the credit card company if you are ever scammed and you will be much more likely to get your money back.

May 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the info. :)
I have a credit/debit visa card.  Does that work?  Or am I only protected with an actual credit card?

Also, did you make a typo in this sentence? "However, you will still only be protected by paypal's protection even if paying for goods, which is horrible."  I ask because i thought being protected was good thing? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back