How to resurrect a Bada PH-12
Jun 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DVasdekis

New Head-Fier
About 12 months ago I bought a Bada PH-12 on the recommendation of the Bada thread here and as quickly as I could I paired it with an AKG K702. It was absolute bliss, while it lasted. Sadly about a month back I turned it on one day, same as ever, and the left channel had died. I didn't move the thing, I haven't rolled tubes since I first bought it and the day it died was identical to the day prior, when it was still alive.

Since it died, I've searched around for valve amplifier repair stores within my town of Brisbane, Australia, without luck. I've tried switching the tubes around also, and the same channel remains dead.

I'm reasonable with a soldering iron, but I've never worked on anything so big or expensive before. Does anyone have any tips on getting the thing fixed?

Jun 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 3
I believe drarthurwells has taken the time to post detailed instructions on how to replace a blown mosfet. This is a common problem with the PH-12 due to removing a tube without waiting 24 hours for ALL the power to dissipate.

I use my PH-12 all the time and it has proven to be very reliable if you follow the above rule and wait to change tubes.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/bad...ann-bc-134242/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back