How to record in stereo with 1212M?
Jun 13, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
Actually the 1212m has two balanced TRS inputs (so it is effectively 4 channels). I think if you run stereo into one input you can use just one strip in patchmix.

Patchmix can be confusing, it's not all that intuitive, and don't get me started on ASIO recording. Sounds great though, expecially in 24/96 or 192.

Interesting! Can you please get started on ASIO recording? I have Sound Forge which supports ASIO and would like to know how to create the best possible recordings.

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
Er, surely not. Doesn't the balanced input record the difference between the positive and negative inputs? (The ground would be there then just... as a ground.)

AFAIK they can be run balanced, (so each TRS is -, +, ground) or unbalanced (so each TRS is L, R, ground).

And JB you don't want me to get started on ASIO because I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. Particularly confusing is why the ASIO channels are not named that same way in patchmix as they are in sonar.

I just need to spend more time with it though; there are tons of guides out there as well as a sonar and an emu forum (so there is no shortage of brains to pick that are much better than mine.)

Jun 13, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #18 of 20
Well Patchmix definitely says each input is mono: check the picture on the left. And presumably it is in unblanced mode since Jbucla2005 is recording from a phono preamp.

Jun 13, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 20
Well that was simpler than I expected: I just changed the 'send to wave' to 'send to asio 1/2' and the rest was self-explanatory after that. I'm recording something now and am going to listen soon to see if there is a noticable improvement in quality.

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #20 of 20
Upon initial listening, it sounds much, much, better using ASIO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back