How to recable my Koss KSC-75? Please help! ^ ^
Mar 24, 2009 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I recently decided to re-cable a headphone my-self, just to see how it works...

I bought a Koss KSC75 for this experiment, doesn't matter if I beat it up (its cheap)~ I wanna recable it with silver cable or anything people recommends...

I don't really expect a change in sound since I won't really use it anyways...

I just wanna see how recabling works, it seems interesting...

it would be nice if someone can show me a link of tutorial or just a brief write up on how this can be done, etc...

also where to buy the tools, cables and plugs? (I can buy from any DIY experts in this forum too)...

Thank you very much for any help!

Feather

by the way this look really kul!
01.JPG

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 23
equipment:
Soldering Pencil
Desoldering Braid
Time/Patience

Stuff
Wire (Pre-braided, Tech Flex applied, and plug connected)
Plug
Solder

Steps:
1) Remove Ear Clips and remove ear pads
2) Remove top cover over each cable
3) Take the desoldering braid and remove the solder on the heating pads while removing the wires
4) Solder in the new wires
5) Wrap the wires over the little strain relief prongs above the heating pads
6) Take the ear covers and file the opening
7) Glue the wires in place while the glue is hardening, add excess glue and glue down the covers

**Note when you solder the wires, you only need to take into account that you wire one ground and one signal onto each pad since its the clips that determine which ear piece will become left and right. Just play some songs on windows and place all the balance on the left to determine which piece is left and use the appropriate ear clip. **

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 23
Mmmm...sounds quite complicated...where can I get the soldering tools, braids etc?

BUt thanks for all your helps!!!

by the way, do you guys know if theres a tutorial type of website that has pictures?

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 23
I'll make a video or something when I recable my KSC75s around Thursday or whenever the plug comes.

You can get the materials at your local ratshack.

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll make a video or something when I recable my KSC75s around Thursday or whenever the plug comes.

You can get the materials at your local ratshack.

That will be so helpful my friend~ I will keep in touch with you... ^ ^

Mar 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #8 of 23
I was lazy and didn't remove the solder. I'm trying to get it to work. Not the smartest thing in the world, but I put the iron on for only 2 seconds tops! I couldn't wind wire so I used telephone wire.

Video to come when I'm sure it works and remember my Youtube password.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 23
I just got around to watching the video and my cameraman (sister) didn't put the camera overhead, so it's kinda hard to see. Do you still want it?

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 23
ERROR: If you can see this, then Google Video is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then Google Video is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Ugh, does this one work?

ile, it doesn't work. It says sorry, this video is no longer available, like always.

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #14 of 23
I don't, but I didn't want to burn the nice table like I did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back