how to quickly know if my BOSE quietcomfort 1 earbuds are real or fake?? (support is taking too much time to answer and I have a time limit to return them)
Mar 4, 2023 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FuzzyEars357

New Head-Fier
the box is VERY different to the unboxing one. its a cheap white carton. the contents look to be the same
i haven't even tried them on, since i am eligible to return them and get my money back (its a pain, but it can be done).

chat support says its real based on the code. i have read other threads (even on this forum) in which support said it was real, but it was proved to be fake later.
i also wrote their counterfeit email direction and sent them the pics they asked for and the code 4 days ago. i am still waiting for an answer on that.

any surefire way to prove that they are real or fake? for example, if they connect to the app, are they 100% real beyond doubt?

i may be being paranoid, but i spent good money (for my standards) on this, and i hope to use them at least 1 hour a day for many years.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, wait for the email reply (I assume you sent a serial number). I tried looking up to see if connecting with the app is a surefire sign that it is legit. Couldn't find much, but didn't look for long. I think it is a great sign if it connects with the app. Try looking at the IEM details on the phone (firmware version, serial number, and model number). Also, double check if you bought refurbished since most refurbished products will be in a different box. If you bought from a 3rd party seller, see if they are reputable. Also, look at the pictures of the real one and confirm if the physical details are the same (prepare a ruler if you must!): BOSE logo (size, font, spacing, distance from edge), any vents, ear tips and wing tips, charging cable, size. Heck, I'm sure there is a way to test if the IPX4 rating is real. Also, look to see if the mass/weight matches the product description. Check if the ANC and sound is what it claims to measure: you can find graphs online. Some other things you could test: call quality, battery life (not a good test since high variables), TWS case size, logo, connecting/charging port. Good luck!

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 8
If you got them from Wish.com then they're fake. If it's a reseller on Amazon look up their seller feedback for clues. Also Google images shows photos of real boxes, like location of the bar code or the font on it. If it looks like it was printed on a laser printer it's a giveaway.
I've had real and fakes of several other ones, and the box is usually how to tell. The software will show fine, even the QR code on Sennheiser fake momentum ear buds will verify.

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, wait for the email reply (I assume you sent a serial number). I tried looking up to see if connecting with the app is a surefire sign that it is legit. Couldn't find much, but didn't look for long. I think it is a great sign if it connects with the app. Try looking at the IEM details on the phone (firmware version, serial number, and model number). Also, double check if you bought refurbished since most refurbished products will be in a different box. If you bought from a 3rd party seller, see if they are reputable. Also, look at the pictures of the real one and confirm if the physical details are the same (prepare a ruler if you must!): BOSE logo (size, font, spacing, distance from edge), any vents, ear tips and wing tips, charging cable, size. Heck, I'm sure there is a way to test if the IPX4 rating is real. Also, look to see if the mass/weight matches the product description. Check if the ANC and sound is what it claims to measure: you can find graphs online. Some other things you could test: call quality, battery life (not a good test since high variables), TWS case size, logo, connecting/charging port. Good luck!
thanks for answering. the email response never came. i didn't buy a refurb, but that doesn't mean the seller didn't buy a refurb himself. checked the info and it says Bose QuietComfort Earbuds. was fabricated on November 13, 2020. it has all the data, it looks to be ok. i will try to check out more details, but the product itself looks as legit as it can be. the ANC practically snuffles out both the tv and my bedroom's fan. i dont think a copy could do that. my galaxy buds 2 at least couldn't. another theory i just came up with is that they were forced to change the box by the aduana (the guys at the frontier who check stuff. they are pretty invasive here.)
If you got them from Wish.com then they're fake. If it's a reseller on Amazon look up their seller feedback for clues. Also Google images shows photos of real boxes, like location of the bar code or the font on it. If it looks like it was printed on a laser printer it's a giveaway.
I've had real and fakes of several other ones, and the box is usually how to tell. The software will show fine, even the QR code on Sennheiser fake momentum ear buds will verify.
neither wish nor amazon exists here. its a seller from mercadolibre, our amazon equivalent. it seems to be a store and has a great reputation. the barcodes in the box came in stickers. the manuals and accessories inside look exactly the same.
i will upload some box pics. notice how in pic 4 there is an "audit r..." sticker that got covered by a different sticker. idk, sounds fishy from the refurbished angle. if they didn't sound so damn good i would have returned them in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_185604.jpg
    IMG_20230301_185604.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230301_185613 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_185613 (1).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230301_185619 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_185619 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230301_185627 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_185627 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230301_185636 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_185636 (1).jpg
  • IMG_20230301_185642 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_185642 (1).jpg
  • IMG_20230301_191556 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230301_191556 (1).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 8
thanks for answering. the email response never came.
In the end, you shouldn't have to resort to a lot of different measure to verify the item. Have you tried the Bose call/live chat feature? I had to verify a Logitech product a while back and the person on the other side replied. I gave them a SN and told them to check if it's one of theirs. Of course, this banks on the fact that the SN hasn't been altered or forged. I'm still wondering why they haven't replied to the email yet.

I'll try my hand in it tomorrow since you uploaded the SN.

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 8
Nvm, they replied. I didn't expect them to be working around 7:30.
Screenshot_20230306-195120_Google Play services.jpg
thanks for worrying about it, really appreciate it. but i found proof they are refurbished so i am returning them.
this is what the new box looks like.
and this is the box of the refurbished ones. (jump to minute 3)
That's 100% the box i got mine on. so yeah, they are original, but they are refurbished and the seller didnt specify that anywhere in his publication (its sold as new). so i am returning it and i may make a complaint.
i honestly don't know how i didn't thought about checking for "refurbished unboxings" before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back