How to Power a Sony D-5?
Jul 25, 2008 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
I need help!

I have had my new D5 for about 7 hrs now and cannot seem to find a way to power it.

Read this: Power Supply for Sony D-5 "Discman" - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

But no help, here is the power adapter I have - the power adapter works fine as I have tested it on other devices:

feedmetrance-albums-power-adapter-picture129-dsc03099.jpg

feedmetrance-albums-power-adapter-picture131-dsc03103.jpg

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 10
Can you take a pic of the side of the D-5 where the DC input socket is, and also of the bottom of the player? I have the service manual somewhere, but I have no idea where exactly
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 10
The good news is that all the presets (those yellow coloured circles) are in the correct position. So just plug in the adapter into the D-5 and try playing a CD.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 10
Have you got a meter (DMM) to verify what the adapter is putting out? If you can check that, that's a start. One of my D33s had a loose power jack (it had come unsoldered from the board). Once I fixed that it worked very well. If you verify that the adapter is putting out 9V (center negative), you might try wiggling the adapter around when it is plugged in and see if you can get it to work.

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 10
the problem is probably your adaptor's power plug, if the center hole is too large it will not make contact with the recepticle's center post. If the D-5 power jack is the same as my D-11 and D-35, the plug needs to have a 2.1mm center hole instead of the usual 2.5mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back