How to post a New Thread
May 17, 2008 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jazzychu

Head-Fier
I have tried for a long time to find a way to post a new thread. I thought I could do that through the "New Posts" at center top of the page as the way I alway did prior to the outage. But apparently the new way is different in that you have to go through the "Forum Links" first and select the proper Forum Category before you click the "New Thread". I do not know if this is the only way now but I have seen people post this question in other un-related thread, hoping someone will help.

I did not go through all threads to find if this has been discussed but thought I might help someone with similar question. I believe I have tried Search but did not find helpful information.

I do see new threads everyday so I might be the only few who just have a hard time figuring things out here.

May 17, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 26
You are correct. You must go to the actual forum you wish to post to in order to find the 'new thread' button on the upper left of the page. 'New Posts' only shows the most recent posts since your previous visit so it acts more like a search or filter of active threads. Since new posts is not an actual thread, there would be no way for the system to know where to post your message.

You can still reposnd to any thread using the 'reply' or 'quote' buttons within the thread itself.

May 17, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 26
My post was not a question but rather trying to help others. Like I said, I tried very hard for weeks to finally figure this out. I even sent a enquiry through the Contact Us at the bottom of the page but did not get any response.

OK, this is a question: Why sometime I have to re-login to use the "Post Quick Reply" even I have logged in? The system says there is an error like "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again". Well, I am going to use this feature this time again. If it fails again, I will just use the "reply botton instead which works so far.

Did not work, so I am using the "Reply" but first I have to copy and paste......

May 17, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

My post was not a question but rather trying to help others. Like I said, I tried very hard for weeks to finally figure this out. I even sent a enquiry through the Contact Us at the bottom of the page but did not get any response.

You my friend have earned a Merton award.

May 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 26
I have logged in. There was a down arrow next the right side of "Search" since I have to login to see that.

........Well, I have to use the Reply botton again, instead of the Quick one.

May 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 26
Just navigate to the appropriate sub-forum, then click
newthread.gif

How hard can it be?
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #13 of 26
The way this is set up is quite normal for nearly all forums. It's not new or different, it's actually commonplace. You go to the designated section where you wish to post a thread, click on the respective "New Thread" button, and away you go. I do not understand at all how this comes off as confusing, as having the new thread buttons anywhere else on the site would prompt problems.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:
Would you mind giving me a detailed guide on how to get to the "New Thread"- Button?
Starting at "My Profile".

I simply can't find it.

Thank you very much.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
kjpmkjp said:

You go to the designated section [by clicking on the "forums" tab at the top of the page, and selecting which area of the site you want the thread to go] where you wish to post a thread, click on the respective "New Thread" button, and away you go.

In addition, it's located in the top/central area of the webpage reading "New Thread". It has an image of a blue dialog bubble and a green and white circled '+' sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back