How to open the Senn HD650? Help!
Feb 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sr.Burns

Head-Fier
Hi people,

yesterday I was listening to my HD650, and no sound came out of the right side. I tried to open it to see if something was unattached, but I could not open, I just managed to get out the pads, I don't know how to get access to the driver.
It's not a cable problem, since I have two cables and the problem is happening with both. I realized that the driver in the right side is deeper than the left.
Could someone help me?

DSC00168_2.jpg

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 8
You have to pull off the grill on the other side.
Just put your fingernails into the little trough on the edge of the plastic ring holding the grill and pull. It will come off.

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Sr.Burns, UtzY, gbacic -- thanks for this thread and the info on how to take the HD650 cups apart. Extremely useful!

BTW, has anyone done the mod in the how-to instructions? If yes, what's the outcome?

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Yeah useful link, thanks!

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 8
This type of mod works better for me than the simple defoaming (It is brighter and faster) but it kills a bit the balance (only If you are used with HD650 stock). It is like HD595 on steroids :p if it makes any sense.

P.S. This mod is partial irreversible.. why partial? (You can put the foam back, but not like it was there from the first place...and it is a bit risky..
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by UtzY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This type of mod works better for me than the simple defoaming (It is brighter and faster) but it kills a bit the balance (only If you are used with HD650 stock). It is like HD595 on steroids :p if it makes any sense.

P.S. This mod is partial irreversible.. why partial? (You can put the foam back, but not like it was there from the first place...and it is a bit risky..
smily_headphones1.gif
)

"It is like HD595 on steroids :p if it makes any sense." -- Got it!

Thanks for the objective and thoughtful advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back