How to make the HD600 as fast as a HD800 or make the HD800 as intimate, organic and fullbodied as a HD600 ?
Jul 28, 2014 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vonjuergen

Head-Fier
How to make the HD600 as fast as a HD800 or to make the HD800 as intimate, organic and fullbodied as a HD600 ?

Is it possible? Even with battery powered SS amps (RWA) ?

I really like the small realistic intimate jazzclub soundstage and fullbodied presentation of the HD600

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 3
How to make the HD600 as fast as a HD800 or to make the HD800 as intimate, organic and fullbodied as a HD600 ?

Is it possible? Even with battery powered SS amps (RWA) ?

I really like the small realistic intimate jazzclub soundstage and fullbodied presentation of the HD600

Almost possible.

1. Do the Analuxus(SP?) mod to remove most of the sibilance/hardness with better dampening of the inside of the cans. It is quite easy though time consuming, mostly to get the right materials.

2. Replace the cable with OCC copper cable (never use any silver) to smooth out the midrange, round off the transients and add a little bass volume. I found the Copper Venom balanced (4-pin XLR) to be the best match.

3. Hook it up to the RWA Corvina or Bellina--by the way, they are NOT SS amps. They are hybrid amps using tube driver and SS output--and stay away from screechy SS amps.

You should be approaching your sonic Nirvana...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back