How to make any pair of headphones sound MUCH Better...
Apr 4, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 29
That Youtube video has to be the worst case of earwax buildup I have ever seen!

Like everyone else her says..DO NOT STICK ANYTHING IN YOUR EARS! The risk of perferating an eardrum is huger and using Q tips is the same as tamping down gunpowder in a musket!

Quite rightly some new olive oil, a few drops in the ear will dissolve any earwax that is there, it work wonders!

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #18 of 29
There's actually 2 types of earwax, which is why you mostly only see those crazy ear scraper tools used in Asian countries since the drier type of earwax predominates in those areas. People of European descent tend to have much stickier earwax so using the scraper thingys yourself is asking for pain since the wax will cling pretty well to the canal and you're likely to end up irritating the crap out of your ear canal.
I think they usually use carbamide peroxide instead of plain hydrogen peroxide more now when they want to soften up your earwax before removing it but they don't really recommend digging it out yourself. ENT doctors especially are like super paranoid about this kind of stuff but if you don't mind a bleeding ear canal or a perforated drum you can probably risk cleaning it out yourself-perforated ear drums usually end up healing, lol (this is tongue in cheek please don't perforate your ear drum or make your ear canals bleed-I've made my ear canal bleed before and it's not fun...thought I had earwax in there still the next day but it was dried blood clogging up my ears lol)

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #19 of 29
I have been taught to never put anything smaller than my elbow into the ears.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder that's a normal case, or extreme? I can only imagine how different everything would sound afterwords. I want to get that done now.

Me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has been seen can not be unseen.

biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #21 of 29
Do it the easy way .......a Black and Decker drill with a 3/8 bit - just push it all of the way in 'til you can see thru the other side

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #22 of 29
The olive oil idea is new too me. I get this stuff made by Murine, and I only have to keep my head sideways for like 5 minutes. It comes with a deal for rinsing out your ears with water.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 29
1265175595777.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #25 of 29
The OP says to use Qtips.....WRONG...Never use anything bigger than your ear canal or you risk making a dirty situation into a much more problematic one. One should merely be cleaning the outer parts...this is a matter one does not want to explore to....well...deeply.

I am halfway through my life and this method has served me well.

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YouTube - WAX 4
omg i love watching these ^_^ this one is the best

Oh my god!! That one is INSANE!!

We should all pitch in some money and fly this guy over to the states for CanJam. Have an earwax removal booth.

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #29 of 29
This whole q-tip scare is entirely overblow. If you have any sort of coordination and don't have a condition that could cause ticks or seizures then it's perfectly safe to clean your ears with q-tips. With my SE530s, my ears need daily (at least!) cleaning to keep the black foam tips clean. (It makes them last much longer) Who's going to spend 40 minutes every day cleaning their ears with murine or peroxide or olive oil or whatever?

Those are good options for a deep clean every month or so though. It's definitely not the kind of thing you can just add to your daily routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back