How to judge people
Sep 4, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the other one that i like but don't use is the test of serving someone a bad cup of coffee. if the person says nothing, he/she is not to be trusted. but i make damn good coffee so that one's out.

Do you mean serving them a bad cup of coffee in your house? And, bad as in old/moldy, or bad as in just not a good cup of coffee but still drinkable?

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #47 of 53
I judge people on how they write...
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
none of the three.

people can seem nice and helpful and good natured but it may all be false. the best way to judge a person is to see how they react when you do or say something that doesn't accord with their own way of thinking/outlook on life. if they are dismissive or critical of you, then this is a person that i don't want to be around. (that's me personally.)

I definitely agree, I find those narrowminded, quick to reject people very frustrating and if your belief is different than theirs it gets even worse because you wouldn't be able to be yourself around them.

As for the op I would use music, not everyone reads (I myself do not read for pleasure I have to read a lot of books, articles, and papers for school I am sick of books when I have free time maybe I will like to read again when I start work I dont know) and movies imo is the least important although I dont think any of the 3 are really a good way to judge people.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #49 of 53
I tend to just assume that people are selfish idiots, and wait for them to prove me wrong.

No, I don't have a lot of friends!

As for books vs. movies vs. music, I guess I'm most of all looking for signs of individuality. Some (most?) people just seem to consume whatever is the "in" thing (e.g. I was appalled when my father read a Harry Potter book because it was at the time "the thing to do"). Other people pride themselves on their high-brow taste, but it's often just a matter of ticking off the correct boxes. I had a friend who read all the high-end literature (even wanted to learn French so he could read without translation), and watched all the artiest films, but really had all the aesthetic sense of a cardboard hat.

So what I'm looking for as a positive quality in a person is the ability to like (or dislike) something even if it's unpopular (or popular), and to be able to explain what they like about it, so I know it's not just some random wacky pose.

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #53 of 53
music. I get my books from the library; I don't buy many books. A long car ride with a friend who has their dap on shuffle can be an interesting experience. The fact that people can carry such large music collections with them is pretty sweet.

Trade daps with a friend for a day and you'll learn alot of new stuff about them. But be forewarned you can't unlearn this stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back