How to improve the comfort of grados?
Jun 13, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 28
Yeah, that's a big drawback to Grados.
But that has been discussed in depth around here. Some use other pads, some reverse the pads. Usually this is just for a difference in sound quality, though.
Some even bend the headband. I think most just get used to it over time. Toughen up your ears.
Anyway, as I said, there's tons of info on here. Give it a search.

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 28
I've listened to my friend's SR60's extensively, and I've had no comfort issues, I found them quite enjoyable actually. Maybe I'm just weird? Or maybe the RS-1's pads are different comfort wise than the comfies on the 60's. Who knows, but I've seen people complain about the SR60's too.
confused.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 28
You could always give the Grado C-Pads a try. They make the Grados as comfortable as the DT770/880/990. They change the sound a bit, but if comfort is what you are after, give them a try.

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 28
Have you washed your bowls yet?

Wash with soap and water in the sink. You'll have to wash them 3-4 times before water runs clear through the bowls.

Squeeze as much water out as you can and let dry overnight. They're comfy after that.

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wash with soap and water in the sink. You'll have to wash them 3-4 times before water runs clear through the bowls.

Squeeze as much water out as you can and let dry overnight. They're comfy after that.

Wow I *completely* misread that!
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 28
Practice, practice, practice.
tongue.gif

Actually; there's some truth in that!

The bowl pads are also designed to break down a bit after time with contact with the oils of the skin(yeah; sounds a bit yucky; don't it?)but yeah; they do get more comfortable after time and chemistry have a chance to do their work.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

are you sure ,or just kiding
biggrin.gif

they seems fragile,i mean bowls

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #12 of 28
I found some ugly foam, cut it to size roughly and bluetaked it to the headband, use reversed 414 pads and stretched the band a bit so it doesnt clamp so much - off of these mods are reversable too. comfy for me now

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

great, some poor sap's gonna misread that and do an enema every time now before listening to his RS-1's...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back