How to get the maximum performance out of headphones?
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MajorAudio

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's.

Currently I have them playing my PC music through an AVR. I love the sound, but was wondering whether there's a better connection method which makes a noticeable difference in audio quality. 

Thanks

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 2
  I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's.

Currently I have them playing my PC music through an AVR. I love the sound, but was wondering whether there's a better connection method which makes a noticeable difference in audio quality. 

Thanks

Probably the best way to get the best sound out of any headphone is to get a good brand of either DAC and amp if you have lossless files on your computer, or a good CD drive and amp, or turntable, VHS, 8-track, whatever your music is on and amp for your headphones. 
Since you play your music through computer, I suggest looking at some amps and maybe external DACs. If you just want the best bang for your buck, Dragonfly and Schiit Fulla are plug and play on almost any computer, and route the sound onto their onboard DACs and amplify the power a bit more than a headphone out. If you want to go a little further, Fiio, Schiit, oDAC or whatever that company is called, and a few other places have pretty solid deals on what you need.
Have a cool time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back