How to get a 2,5mm balanced cable pluged to my JDS Atom
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Krassi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there!

I am new here in this Forum and tripped into the IEM moneyblackhole :wink:

So right now i am using a JDS Las Atom at home together with a Khadas tone board and my dt880 on its 6.35mm (1/4") Output. Works like a charm but i want to plug the IEMs to it to that i ordered....

i ordered a:
- Tin p1 (2,5mm plug)
- KZ KSX (3,5mm plug)
- and got the Earstudio HE100 today (3,5mm plug)

-i got a bit to excited reading the insanly great thread about custom IEM cables from china (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/) and ended up going for the
pure silver cable Nr. 174. tw upocc Ag99Au1 8c (silver,eagle,MV) with 2,5mm balanded plug for the Tin P1

-i ordered a recomended Adapter from 2.5mm TRRS balanced female to 3.5mm TRS male
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32876989769.html

ok and here the question:
-is there any Adapter directly from 2,5mm balanded to 6.35mm (1/4") on the Atom amp?

...or do i have to use the 2.5mm TRRS balanced female to 3.5mm Adapter on another second 3.5mm to 6.35mm Adapter to get that thing plugged in my Atom? :wink: ...like a Tagteam double adapter stack of doom.

With all those Plugs and connectors i got to get me all kinds of adapter stuff now to get all things running on my Atom and Hiby R3.

Thanks for any Advice! i could not find any 2,5 to 6,35 Adapter thingy anywhere so i thought i could ask here for advice.
Best regards from me , seeya, Daniel :wink:

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 2
Hmmm after checking lots of threads here i stumbled over the PowerDAC V2 with balanced 2,5mm output.

Actually buying more super duper Adapters is nearly the price for the whole thing and it has a Tin P1 Preset in its insane EQ App ... that somehow got me :wink:
So who cares a personal DAC for the Tin P1 at least might be a solution for Home listening.

Ok now i should change my question into:
..whats a great portable super tiny Headphon Amp for the Tin P1 on the Hiby R3 ..

Actually something with a build in battery thats small would be preferable. running around with a Powerbank would be super crap :wink:
There are some cheapy solutions mentionend like ES100 or UP4 when its out could work with the Hiby R3

Thanks in Advance and this Forum is full of sick stuff you didnt know before but order it :wink:) like Symbio W Hybrid Universal Ear Tips.

Seeya Daniel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back