How to "enjoy" music?
Feb 7, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #331 of 365
This thead continues to deliver. Bravo, bravo.

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #332 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something weird happened yesterday when I was outside in the real world. Someone said my face looks so good I need to be a model, then she asked me to turn around my head, she was impressed of my hair as well. She didn't believe when I said I cut the hair myself.
At first I thought she was just kidding, but then when I left she said the same thing, now I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think?

568_30br_bad_hair_day.jpg

After she left, did you wake up?

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #333 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After she left, did you wake up?

Someone took a picture. It's probably just a picture of myself holding my arm in air around the imaginary person. I will see.

Feb 7, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #334 of 365
You look very good, Patrick. Don't ever get rid of that moustache! I bet she was adjusting her clothes because, unadjusted, they would look bad compared to your upper lip hair.

You look like a sensitive and poor, melancholic handsome poet/artist/writer/drinker! Every non-materialistic girl wants that kind of a deep souled, miserable man to take care of. That's quite the opposite to your robotic analyzer-philosopher self though.

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #335 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You look very good, Patrick. Don't ever get rid of that moustache! I bet she was adjusting her clothes because, unadjusted, they would look bad compared to your upper lip hair.

You look like a sensitive and poor, melancholic handsome poet/artist/writer/drinker! Every non-materialistic girl wants that kind of a deep souled, miserable man to take care of. That's quite the opposite to your robotic analyzer-philosopher self though.

biggrin.gif
Well put!

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #336 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it makes sense now. When outside in the real world I always thought they looked at me because I look weird. But now I know they look at me because I look so good. It's not only the girls but the men as well. Some of them even shake their heads when they walk past me, it's because I look so hot they won't believe, I don't even need to shave or shower. When I walk past girls I see their eyes get bigger, they are getting shocked of my hotness that's why. Sometimes they even hold their hand in front of their nose, I smell so good they don't want too much of a good thing. I don't even need to scrape off the dead skin on my face, the hotness is in my bones. When I'm outside goose-stepping they look at my legs with a plain face and think to themselves "Man it looks good, I wish I could walk like that too!".

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #337 of 365
If Patrick is the alien sat in his ship observing humans then are we the sneaky humans sitting atop his ship observing him?

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #339 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick, we need a VIDEO of you goose-stepping.

My room is too small. I would goose-step everything to pieces... And neighbors would complain of the noise.

Jun 17, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #340 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received new equipment I paid $3700 for, I don't feel anything. I just sit here and nothing happens. It took half a year to save up for this, should I feel happy? I plugged it in and it's working, now I'm just worrying when it will break. Maybe I have had so many disappointments in my life that I have shut off my expectations.

Maybe it's my placebo protection suit that does it. I don't feel anything from new purchases. I guess something will happen after a few weeks when I open up my suit.

It blew up 2 months later and I didn't feel anything. I just replaced it with my older gear and kept on tweaking. 2+ months after it blew up I still don't feel anything.

When I listen to music I hear the huge differences between gear but nothing happens. The only time something happens is if I hear problems in the sound, if it sounds too edgy I get fatigue, if it sounds too muddy I don't want to listen anymore, if it sounds too dry and flat I get bored.
But if I don't hear any problems I can keep listening for hours, it seems like my system is complete because I don't hear any problems anymore, but something seems to be missing, and it isn't in the sound.

Maybe I need to add my other senses into my listening sessions instead of only using the ears? I block all my other senses so that my hearing gets stronger and less biased, maybe this is why I don't enjoy the music? Should I add vision, smell, feel and taste into my listening sessions too?

I was thinking I maybe could be chewing Valhalla cable while listening or something, I could also be sniffing some ERS Paper, but I'm worried of punctured lungs from the carbon fibers. I could clean my room to make it look prettier without dust all over the place. I could also keep touching my gear while listening. Do you think it will work?

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #344 of 365
Closing down the thinking mind which seems to compare and contrast looking for, "What's wrong with the sonic picture" would lead to being emotionaly envolved with the musical presentation on otherwise perfectly good reproduction gears.

I think an overly analitical mind, like an overly analytical system can ruin the reproduced musical event, and perhaps those folks are in the game for something other than musical enjoyment, perhaps... The neverending quest for perfection pehaps is a stumbling block, or a replacement for some folks ability to appreciate what comes naturally to those of us who are easily emotionally engaged when music is played. Maybe part of the answer is here. But I don't know how to lead others there, we're talking about the most subjective piece of the puzzle in all of audio, that being the mind set of the listener...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back