How to Dismantle an AKG K701
Sep 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DuncanF

New Head-Fier
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on this forum, but I've searched to no avail. I'd like to dismantle my K701's just to unhook the spring/string thing. With my size head it's not needed and causes the ear pads to ride up.

Obviously I could cut the string but I'd like to be able to reverse the mod if needed. I've peered closely at the headphone but can't figure out how to get it apart. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Duncan

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 8
I put up a thread about this a little while back because I wanted mod the headband, apparently you can twist the plastic silver grill with a pair of scissors but I put a deep scratch in mine. There's a few threads around here with pictures.

Cheers

Sep 4, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 8
you can grab it from AKG...here:
http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/...d5815555d1.pdf

Enjoy !
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkyWay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put up a thread about this a little while back because I wanted mod the headband, apparently you can twist the plastic silver grill with a pair of scissors but I put a deep scratch in mine. There's a few threads around here with pictures.

Cheers

Lol! Did you later sell them? Because mine have a scratch on the left earcup that could only have been made with a pair of scissors or a knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back