How to determine if Sennhieser CX500 is a fake
Jul 12, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well but it does sound good with the described bass-driven sound
tongue.gif
perhaps im just too worried. u think so?

The CX300's I bought online from a Pricegrabber storefront seller came in a package that made me think they were genuine, but when RedBeanPaste posted one of those pictures of the hook hole showing that it didn't seal because the sides of it weren't aligned or formed correctly, I knew mine were fake because that is exactly how the hook hole was on the package I received and everything else about the package said cheapo.

If my Newegg set exhibits any of these characteristics, I won't bother opening the package but will, instead, immediately contact their CS for a full refund.

EDIT
Anyway, I'm anxious to actually hear a set of genuine Senns because everybody loves them. These fakes sound horrible to me. I just wish I could actually obtain a real set.
frown.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #17 of 60
I love them. But thats probably becuase i haven't heard the higher-end ones. i've only heard the ah-c351 and sony ericsson hpm-70 prefer cx-400 alot. I like the bass haha. and they're really comfy. they'venever ever fell out of my ears when i was sleeping on it before.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love them. But thats probably becuase i haven't heard the higher-end ones. i've only heard the ah-c351 and sony ericsson hpm-70 prefer cx-400 alot. I like the bass haha. and they're really comfy. they'venever ever fell out of my ears when i was sleeping on it before.

Hmmm...that's remarkably like these new V-Moda Bass Freq's I'm using. I paid a total of $20 for them and they are turning out to be the best most comfortable, almost invisible set of earbuds I've used to date. They are shaped a lot like those Senns, too. The bass is outstanding and the detail seems to be very high. The midrange, I think, need more definition and dynamics. They are only slightly colored in overall sound quality.

But I'm using some Sony sleeves to get the needed seal. The Sony sleeves, the large ones, seem to provide just enough wall softness to make a non-tight, but sufficiently secure fit. The OEMs just didn't cut it for me. All I have to do with these buds set up the way they are is just lay them in my ears and they will migrate to a sufficient seal.

Other than these, the only other, supposedly higher end, buds I've tried were the Shure SE210's. I wasn't impressed with them. My lowly JVC Air Cushions provided me a better, more enjoyable and detailed sound quality. They are the ones I've used most till I found these 'Modas.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #19 of 60
Thanks RedBeanPaste for the explanations and pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If my Newegg set exhibits any of these characteristics, I won't bother opening the package but will, instead, immediately contact their CS for a full refund.

I'm pretty sure Newegg is an authorized dealer. I've ordered two Sennheisers from them, including a pair of CX300s, and they were definitely genuine.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure Newegg is an authorized dealer. I've ordered two Sennheisers from them, including a pair of CX300s, and they were definitely genuine.

That's wonderful to know!
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe I'll finally get to hear some real Senns.

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 60
im also selling 2 sets of genuine cx500. pm me if youre interested.

btw, heres a good site to distinguish fakes from genuine ones http://www.justbright.com/CX500

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im also selling 2 sets of genuine cx500. pm me if youre interested.

btw, heres a good site to distinguish fakes from genuine ones http://www.justbright.com/CX500

I can't get that link to work. I even Googled JustBright and went into where that link is supposed to take you and it gave me the same "Forbidden" error message.

Jul 12, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #23 of 60
Jul 12, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #24 of 60
IT does look real for me. For sure, with considerations to fake/genuine cx-400, this should be a real cx-500. THe pouch seems leather, the holder has a gap. and the earpiece is polished. I think it's genuine though. But don't kill me if it's not. I can't recommend you with the guy which i bought my cx400 from(he also sells cx-500) because he gave me a fake one initially u see.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsh0539 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just found this on ebay and it looks like genuine. The logo on it is right in the middle and all pictures look quite accurate. But it's kind of hard to see the detail of its package. Actually I was gonna buy the one below but just changed my mind after reading this thread. Does anybody have got an insight?

The problem is, those pictures might not be his. He could have stole it off a forum which gave it a review and thats the reason they look real. Try get him to send some pictures with a name handwritten on it instead of having a watermark

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #26 of 60
I forgot to mention that 30+ for a CX-500 is a ridiculous price, considering his offering free shipping as well. If you want quality it cost money for it so eBay is not the right place to get high quality canals

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #28 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBeanPaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is, those pictures might not be his. He could have stole it off a forum which gave it a review and thats the reason they look real. Try get him to send some pictures with a name handwritten on it instead of having a watermark

I think it's worthy to try that before I make any sort of decision. I will let you guys know if I get a feedback from him. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #29 of 60
Well, it's really risky to buy things on ebay when it comes to products relatively easy to make. I've bought a few so called brand name clothes from ebay. All of them were pretty cheap but most of them were fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back