How to deal with volume in Android and on flights
Sep 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

veruvius

New Head-Fier
Odd pairing of issues, I know. I have a pair of A161Ps (which I am really enjoying - burn-in made a HUGE difference). I am about to go on a trans-Atlantic flight, and from previous experiences would low impedance headphones, I know that the lowest volume setting on an in-flight entertainment system is still painfully loud. I gather that I should be able to find an inline impedance adapter that will help out, but I don't know how to choose one. Cheaper is definitely better, though.

The other issue is with my Android phone. I can listen to music and have no issues with the volume, but calls are way too loud. I'm guessing there's a software fix for this so I wouldn't have to use an impedance adapter anytime I receive a call, then take it off to continue listening to music.I'm pretty tech savvy, but I'm greatly pressed for time, so besides installing something, I won't be able to tinker.

Guidance greatly appreciated!

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I knew it would be simple enough to find an app, but I figured maybe someone knew of a good one already (I over analyze everything), and I was already asking a the in-flight question, so I figured why not toss another one out there 
etysmile.gif
 .Thanks.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 5
As for the impedance adapter, just search it up on eBay and they are around $10-$15. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back