How to deal with long cable
Dec 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

whtge8

New Head-Fier
I just purchased some Audio Technica M50's and am loving them. However I usually just listen to songs on my iPhone. Walking down the street with this 10 foot cord can get troublesome. I usually just hang the excess cable around my neck but its starting to be uncomfortable and inconvenient. I understand the purpose of the long cables, but to a casual user like me, it gets annoying. Anyone out there experiencing my issue? And what have you done to solve this issue? Thanks in advanced!

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Either re-cable, re-terminate, or get a small velcro tab, bundle some of the extra and tuck it in a pocket. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 8
I braid my cables with a chain sinnet knot. A quick google search should bring up a tutorial. 

Quote:
Think you could provide a bit more detail on how you braided it? Thanks.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm always inordinately fascinated by that knot tying site.

Monoprice has velcro cable ties at low prices. If you're anything like me you'll be able to find other items to make the shipping worth it. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Can someone post a picture of how they shortened theirs with these velcro straps? I assume just roll into big loops and put the velcro around it? Still seems a bit inconvenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back