How to clean the DT770 Manufaktur? And headache problems
Mar 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dynamic

New Head-Fier
Hi, I got some DT770 Manufaktur with black piano lacquer pieces. I also got true leather headband and earpads . It looks awesome but the problem is now after a couple of years of use it's full of dust, dead skin cells, all sort of particles. The piano lacquer texture it's easy to clean, just with some cleaning product in a cloth and it's like new, but the earpads aren't. The particles are stuck under the earpads and im scared of removing the earpads because I don't know if you can set them back or it's impossible. I guess you can but I want to know for sure. The actual earpads are also way dusty and one of the earpads its squashed and has lost his original form. It seems the dust is dried and it would require water to remove it, but I don't think you can use liquids on this leather material so I was wondering were could I buy some new earpads . I was also thinking about getting the velour ones this time just to try a different thing... anyway for now I would like to know how to clean the thing. The membrane has also lost his original colour and there is dried dirt on there. Im just wondering how you guys would clean this because you can't definitely use liquids on there.

Finally, the problem regarding the headache is the headband is making my head hurt after 1hour or so of usage. Im just wondering if there is a way to enhance the headphone comodity so I can wear them for ours. The leather headband seems pretty clear compared to the earpads and membrane.

Thanks

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm not sure where you are from but Beyer's webpage has a ton of accessories for sale. Even if your DT770 is a "Manufaktur" version, it is still a DT770 so I guess "normal" DT earpads would work:

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/headphone-accessories/ohrmuschelsatz-2.html (velour)

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/ohrmuschelsatz-31.html (leather)

You could probably also find "headbands" for it too or create your own (I've seen a couple on the boards here...)

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 6
Im not really sure. I think the actual leather on the headband is too hard on top, and the fact the right earpad thingy to set a height is loose doesn't help. I had to use ducktape to fix it on the dot I want (I use it on the dot number 5, but it's lose and it goes all the way down)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back