How to clean boogers from rare,expensive vinyl
Jan 31, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Silby
Phlegm is an accumulation of mucus that you cough up from the lungs. The mucus is secreted within the lungs to keep things moist.

Actually, the correct term is sputum (phlegm is a 'folk' term).

Just thought I'd jump in with that since goose hasn't volunteered the info (I come from a "medical family" altho I'm not in any related fields myself).

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/medical/sputum

biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
Actually, the correct term is sputum (phlegm is a 'folk' term).

Just thought I'd jump in with that since goose hasn't volunteered the info (I come from a "medical family" altho I'm not in any related fields myself).

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/medical/sputum

biggrin.gif

Actually
spu·tum

spu·tum
plural spu·ta
n
coughed-up substance: a substance such as saliva, phlegm, or mucus coughed up from the respiratory tract and usually ejected by mouth

[Late 17th century. From Latin , “saliva,” from spuere “to spit.”]
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Feb 25, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #51 of 54
Had a similar problem in college with an unfortunate cockroach that musta wandered into a record sleeve & got mushed. Grabbed the little person by the legs but they just kept breakin' off. Finally had to rehydrate him by setting a wet washcloth on top of 'im until he was wet enough I could just flip the LP over and let gravity take its course. After he dried out again I put him in my roomates bong when he wasn't looking. He didn't seem to get a buzz from it but after that he always bolted whenever someone turned on the lights!

Feb 28, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #53 of 54
I've heard that in some circles smoking cockroaches is a common pratice. Something to do with the transition into adulthood.

After all this talk of Tuberoller's superior headphone-spinning skills, boogers, and Big Bird, I think i'm going to buy some R10s and try out this headphone-spinning thing myself. Although I'll have to re-read this thread once the R10's arrive to "get my groove back", so to speak.

Note To Self: Wonder if there's some strange cult for this sort of thing. It'd probably end up being referred to as Audioacrobicphalliscism or something. Fun!
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #54 of 54
Heh Heh Heh, you guys said "boogars".

This reminds me that I've never understood the difference between logies and wipples. Is it that one uses mucus and the other phlegm?

Quote:

Originally posted by cpw
Had a similar problem in college with an unfortunate cockroach that musta wandered into a record sleeve & got mushed. Grabbed the little person by the legs but they just kept breakin' off.

Whoh! EXACTLY the same thing happened to me in college; and more than once! I think they liked to eat the paper record sleeves.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back