How to burn-in a newly bought iem?(Ai-m6)...especially Joker I need your help again:P
Dec 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

New Head-Fier
O yea...I bought a Ai-M6, and finally it comes to y house
smily_headphones1.gif

I always heard that an iem will perform better after iem, so I search some info about it..
however, in the net some say burn-in with a slightly higher than the normal volue...some say burn-in with normal volue; some say burn-in with pink white noise(wt is this???), some say just simply use the songs I listened to usually; some say burn-in 8hrs and rest 30ins, soe say burn-in 3hrs and rest 10mins....

OMG...thats so many ways to do it....I understand that if i brun -in in a wrong way...the iem will be damaged....so how should I burn-in correctly?

thx guys
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 21
...lol. Not sure about 'resting' your IEMs but 100 hours is usually the recommended 'safe' burn-in period. That said, if you're liking what you hear and you aren't trying to be objective for a review or something you can indeed just burn in as you listen. If not JLab's pink noise generator may be handy, or the link posted above.

There really is no way to incorrectly burn in an IEM. As long as the drivers are flexing the desired result will be achieved eventually. And don't worry about damage - don't crank them up so high you can hear them from the other room and you should be fine.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 21
the way they are burnt in isnt really that important..any way should work fine
i usually just plug them into my spare mp3 player and run it overnight

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 21
o yea an extra question....after I plug in my iem in the my ipod...when i turn it on....I heard some noise...like "sa............" sound......is this normal?
cos feels like when i play the sound still can hear some of it@@

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 21
u mean the voices exaggerate the s or sh sound? that would be sibilance if thats what you are referring to

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u mean the voices exaggerate the s or sh sound? that would be sibilance if thats what you are referring to

i think it is sibilance....maybe that is just smth normal...I mean when the iem plug in...I start hear that s sound......and when i start the music....it disappear....(or sometime I hear it just becos I m thinking abt it@@)

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 514179 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think it is sibilance....maybe that is just smth normal...I mean when the iem plug in...I start hear that s sound......and when i start the music....it disappear....(or sometime I hear it just becos I m thinking abt it@@)

That's not sibilance. Sibilance is the exaggeration of the 's' sound in vocals. Sounds like you have an impedance mismatch (most IEMs have very low impedance/high sensitivity), resulting in hiss. What's your source?

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 514179 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ummm, that sounds like hiss, to me.

EDIT: a bit too late. I agree with the above post^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back