How to avoid GAS?
Apr 3, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #16 of 17
I usually read animus', crinacle's, toranku's reviews/ impressions of IEMs. What you think might be good is actually "trash". LOL!
I'm gullible and I believe them, saves me a lot of money though :D

At least with Crin, I find that I disliked a fair few of the higher tiers because of their tonality. He values 'technical ability' more than anything else: however, I have a feeling most people value tonality first.

That being said, he was spot-on with the A12t............

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 17
I usually read animus', crinacle's, toranku's reviews/ impressions of IEMs. What you think might be good is actually "trash". LOL! I'm gullible and I believe them, saves me a lot of money though :D

I never read IEM reviews/impressions. Even if their "impressions" were not full of audiophile nonsense (self contradictions and/or contradicting actual facts) and were actually accurate, there are too many small variables with IEMs (fit, seal and insertion depth for example) that have a very large impact on the sound arriving at your ear drums for reviews to be of ANY use.

At least with Crin, I find that I disliked a fair few of the higher tiers because of their tonality. He values 'technical ability' more than anything else: however, I have a feeling most people value tonality first.

Not sure I understand that: Doesn't "technical ability" define the "tonality" output by IEMs?

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back