How to Attach Fiio e5 to Zune 80/120?
May 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 13
Use the mini-to-mini cable included with E5? Or do you mean how do you actually attach the two back to back? I'll say double side tape.

May 6, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 13
I used to have this setup but removed the FiiO E5 because there was really no sound quality increase. Also the reduction in hiss wasn't enough to have to carry around that thing on the back of my Zune. Here are some pictures of how it looked. I used boxing tape.

gedc1140y.jpg

gedc1141.jpg

May 6, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pictures of how it looked. I used boxing tape.

Good idea...you taped down the clip correct?

May 6, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 13
Thanks for all the answers guys! I was talking about attaching it to the back of the zune. Right now I'm using some air elastics that I stole off my mom but it's a hastle and doesn't hold it strongly enough. The tape idea is a great idea!

May 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 13
Double sided tape should have been my solution.

May 7, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 13
Yes, some good double-sided tape, but I think you'll find not much of an sq improvement. The Zune sounds pretty good unamped.

May 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #12 of 13
Just get some double-sided sticky mounting tape at Walmart, cut an inch square and put that on. You can hold your Zune up by the amp and yet when you remove it it leaves on residue. I used it to fasten my e3 to my iPod Classic when I still had that rig. Didn't jack up the plastic on the amp or the metal on the iPod!

May 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 13
Since it is the E5, you won't need anything big or heavy duty. See how some GOOD double sided tape works for you. If that isn't enough, get some small squares of velcro and that should hold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back