How to add audio files to iTunes audiobooks?
May 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mail4u

100+ Head-Fier
I have several MP3 audio lectures in a playlist that I'd like to move into the iTunes audiobook section or into a podcast folder. I want to do this because playlist files do not retain the pause when you activate another playlist. That is, you lose your pause in the audio file and you are reverted back to the beginning of the file. With audiobooks or podcasts the position that you've paused at is retained when you activate a music playlist.

When I've tried to just copy files from a playlist to audiobooks or podcasts it isn't allowed.

It's very annoying to lose your place in a lecture audio file and have to spend time searching to find where you think you left off listening.

Any help with this greatly appreciated.

May 5, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't, yet, use iTunes or have an iPod, but based on this FAQ the files need to be in .aa or .m4b format.

The shareware program Markable is highly thought of at iPod Lounge.
That said, I don't know what I'm talking about. I was just doing the research before buying a DAP specifically for audio books, so I happened to have the hearsay handy.

May 5, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 4
As far as I know the only thing that goes into the audio books section is Audible files bought either directly from Audible or via the iTunes store. Also the only files that retain a bookmark are Audible files, podcasts and films.

May 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 4
ComputerX you're far too modest. The FAQ suggestion works perfectly and solves the problem. I owe you -- eternally grateful! Best to you.

Also, nc8000 thanks for responding.

Mail4u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back