How the hell do you make hyperlinks with Huddler?
Nov 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Maxvla

Headphoneus Supremus
How do I turn:

Hi Huddler

into Huddlerspeak?

I've tried every field in the link 'helper', but nothing works. I've searched the forums with every term I can think of, and still nothing. I see people doing it here and there so I know it works, but I have no idea how to do it.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 9
OK figured out how to do it with HTML by searching another site, which is pretty bass ackwards. I shouldn't have to go searching some other site to use the software here.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 9
Just so other would know, it is

<a href="http://xxx"> xxx </a>

But you have to type it in the source code mode, or just use the 'Link' function in WYSIWYG editor.

Alternatively, you can set BB code editor as default in your site preference (under 'edit account detail')

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 9
The link function in the WYSIWYG was unable to produce a hyperlink. I tried every field, and it did not work.

I didn't know about the BB code editor. I'll have to try that.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 9
If you are using the Rich text /WYSIWYG editor, here's how you do it:

• In the reply text area, enter the text you want to make a hyperlink.
  • Highlight the text you want to make a hyperlink.
  • Click the "link" icon.  It looks like a a globe with a couple links of chain at the bottom.  (It's the one to the right of the bullet list.)  This will bring up the link dialogue box.
  • Enter the URL you want to link to in the URL field.
  • Click the OK button.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #6 of 9
That's pretty counter-intuitive. I'd have never guessed to do that in a million years.

Luckily I've switched to the BB editor and now I don't have to do the Source button cycle every time I want to post. 2 fixes for the price of one!

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Wow, good I read that thread. Didn't know they implemented a BB code editor box in the meantime. The abysmally bad WYSIWYG editor was driving me insane. Let's see if the BB code one is up to vBulletin standards.

It's decent, but not great. Certainly better than the alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back