How Power hungry are the Grado 325i's?
Feb 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, I see. But then again, why they did not sound the same? How they differed from original RA1? Thats what bothers me now.

I've only personally heard one clone and it was indeed different sounding.

If you'd like to spend the money and time on an in-depth analysis, you're more than welcome to do so. Simply being in disbelief about their dissimilar sound won't change the evidence that can be found by searching on Head-Fi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike6502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, all I can say is that the 325is sound great unamped. I have also heard from more than one person that a cheap amp does not noticeably affect the sound. I don't disbelieve that an amp could improve things on a low impedance phone, but I am very curious to know scientifically how it does so from someone knowledgeable in acoustics and/or physics. Unfortunately, I rarely see any scientific talk on this forum. Sadly, on issues like burn-in, scientific explanation, or talk regarding a lack of it, is... how do I put it... aggressively ignored by many.

Oh, and not to add fuel to the flame, but if you're unconvinced the RA-1 is ridiculously overpriced, look here.

Amazingly, I got this one (used as part of a package with my Vintagey RS1) after reading that actual article. I know that it's cheap in there... but I just can't dispute the fact that it sounds good to me.

Mar 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're dedicated to the RS1, try an RA1. It won't work particularly well with other headphones, but it does things with the RS1 that far more expensive amps don't. Bass extension for one, better imaging for two.

How would the RA1 work with Grado SR325is headphones? I am seriously looking into getting one.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back