How not to Clean your Westone 3s
Aug 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gdpeck

100+ Head-Fier
I very rarely stuff any headphones in my pocket when I'm not listening to them, but a couple of weeks ago, I put my Westone 3s in a cargo pocket of some shorts I was wearing. This morning, I was looking for them, but they weren't in their case where they almost always are. That was when I realized what I had done. Dread filled my soul as I looked for and found the clean shorts in the drawer. My sweet wife always goes through my pockets when she does the laundry, so she can keep any money she finds, but she doesn't do cargo pockets. My worst fears were realized when I found a really clean pair of IEMs in the pocket where I left them. Then my worst fears were un-realized, when I plugged them in and they worked perfectly.

George

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I very rarely stuff any headphones in my pocket when I'm not listening to them, but a couple of weeks ago, I put my Westone 3s in a cargo pocket of some shorts I was wearing. This morning, I was looking for them, but they weren't in their case where they almost always are. That was when I realized what I had done. Dread filled my soul as I looked for and found the clean shorts in the drawer. My sweet wife, always goes through my pockets when she does the laundry, so she can keep any money she finds, but she doesn't do cargo pockets. My worst fears were realized when I found a really clean pair of IEMs in the pocket where I left them. Then my worst fears were un-realized, when I plugged them in and they worked perfectly.

George

Expect a stiff cable and headphone jack...  If you put water on something and dry it out completely before using it again, the water can't damage anything.  There needs to be electricity to fry your headphones... 

I did the same thing with my cheap Sony MDR-EX36Vs...  They lasted about a year and a half afterwards...  Actually, that's when the headphone jack split...  It still worked until I gave it to my friend to use...  He ripped the **** thing apart...  By then, they were at least 3+ years old :p

Tinyman

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Expect a stiff cable and headphone jack...  If you put water on something and dry it out completely before using it again, the water can't damage anything.  There needs to be electricity to fry your headphones... 
<snip>

yes, but soap residue easily could cause damage. Anyway, proves that Westones are made right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back