How much would a trip to the audiologist cost to get ear molds?
Apr 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 19
Over here in Canada its about $50-80 per impression pending on who does it. There are also companies that offer to send free ear impression kits but safety of doing it yourself is pretty debated IIRC.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over here in Canada its about $50-80 per impression pending on who does it. There are also companies that offer to send free ear impression kits but safety of doing it yourself is pretty debated IIRC.

Do you know any of those companies that send the free ear impression kits? I don't think how sticking mold into your ear is a safety hazard lol.

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 19
Anywhere between 1-1000$.

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know any of those companies that send the free ear impression kits? I don't think how sticking mold into your ear is a safety hazard lol.

hearyourself.com sends you free impression kit.
It cost me $20 to get a pair of ear impression from audiologist.

Apr 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #9 of 19
this is not expensive for audiologists to do; ideally, you shouldn't spend more than around $50. last i knew, UE has partner audiologists that will do it for $50 per person. i'd check into that.

you don't want molds, you want impressions. if you ask for molds, they'll be assuming you need replacement molds for your hearing aid product or similar; make sure you tell them you only need impressions, which will be sent to a third-party manufacturer. that might be what's causing your price to be off.

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 19
oh, and PLEASE don't take your own impressions. ever.

think about the pain and subsequent effects of rupturing your own eardrum with dried impression material because you failed to block your ear canal properly. i can tell you from personal past experience (not with self-impressions but with an inexperienced Au.D student taking my impressions at a local clinic) that if the block isn't put in properly, the impression material will stick into your ear canal to a point where the pain makes you sweat and come close to passing out. that's just the beginning of how bad it can be.

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 19
My impressions were included at no extra cost when I purchased my Westone EX3X IEMs from the audiologist who I found from the Westone website.

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it free in the UK? (NHS)

Afraid not mate, when I got my impressions done on Friday, she told me they charge £10 per ear.

Or you can get a voucher, which can include the impressions and sleeves for an all inclusive price.

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 19
I did my own free impressions as well as those for my 10 y/o son and I would do it again if given the choice,but I'm a medical professional so I've always felt comfortable with that sort of thing. but having said that, most of the Head-Fi'ers in the Hearyourself,com forum have opted for professional impressions. The web site even states that if you feel the least bit uncomfortable doing your own impressions, that you should have them done by a pro. (20.00 - 200.00)

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 19
$15 to $30 in Singapore..unless u wanna spend more..then there are always options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back