How much money ...
Nov 4, 2007 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

leoftw

100+ Head-Fier
should a self respecting man have in his pocket ?

Nov 4, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 49
I work at a doctor's which doesn't charge for a normal appointment, but DOES charge for things such as vaccines. thus people are often caught off guard. it's interesting to see how many people not only do carry any cash in their pocket, but have no money in their bank accounts.

often they'll have to go back to work (or phone the bank) to transfer money from a sub account to their main account; but frequently they simply have no money until pay day.

I personally carry no cash unless it's change, but i think it's important to keep at least $150 in your main bank account to cover unexpected expenses.

often people will pull several hundred out of their pocket when an unexpected expense arrises at work, but it never impresses me... it just seems kinda innefficient to carry around that much cash

edit: a self respecting man should be efficient enough to keep the vast majority of his money locked inside a little plastic bank card, but should also carry 20-50 for those places that dont accept eftpos

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 49
No money needed imo!
I have not carried any cash with me the last 2 1/2 months. A direct access/Visa card is all I need.

I still consider myself to be a self respecting man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 49
Enough to keep a mugger happy so he would not kill you out of frustration. I would say at least 100 and no more than 300 here on the east coast.

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 49
Which brings up an interesting point...

I hate... absolutely f*king hate those VISA "Rube Golberg" commercials. The ones where everything is running like a machine until someone tries to write a check or pays in cash.

Let me tell you something... I've been held up more by those damn check/debit cards waiting to clear than anything else. 9 times out of 10 I can pay faster with cash than the time it takes for someone to use their card. Those commercials are totally bs...

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #11 of 49
i used to try to have at least $100 in my wallet the majority of the time, but now that i'm in college... i feel like $60 is enough haha

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #12 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used to try to have at least $100 in my wallet the majority of the time, but now that i'm in college... i feel like $60 is enough haha

You must be rolling in cash, when I was in college, I couldn't rub 2 pennies together.

I didn't even have headphones, I just had to hum with my hands cupped over my ears....
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enough to buy my daily lunch and coffee every week.

Bingo. Sadly that's $60-$100 'round these parts.

GAD

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #15 of 49
I've had $50 in my wallet for the past 2 months and never found a need to use it.

Just plastic is all I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back