How much money ...
Nov 5, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always carry a $100.00 bill in my shoe phone compartment.

Your shoe has a phone compartment?

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your shoe has a phone compartment?

is it just me or is it actually funny that "superpredator" is asking about where his money is located?
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it doesnt seem right to me to spend credit on anything less than $50... but that's me coming from an asian family =P

i like carrying $20-$60 on me

I'm Asian too and I don't see any problem with charging a small amount on card. It's not that I'm actually spending credit since I pay off my balance every month. It's just far more convenient than having to run to an ATM or bank to withdraw money all the time, and I'm not one of those people that keeps $1,000 at home all the time.
tongue.gif

I usually only carry ~$50 on me when going to the store or school. If I'm going to dinner or some place that I know doesn't take card (like Chinatown) I carry more money ($100+).

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it just me or is it actually funny that "superpredator" is asking about where his money is located?
icon10.gif

It's just you. Do you also happen to have a cash-heavy phone compartment in your shoe?
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #35 of 49
I used to carry like a $100, but now only about half that. I keep thinking I'm gonna forget my wallet somewhere...

Nov 5, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just you. Do you also happen to have a cash-heavy phone compartment in your shoe?
icon10.gif

sadly i dont...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #38 of 49
It ranges. I use plastic for most things but do travel a decent amount for work. Never know when you'll go somewhere that doesn't take it.

So, I prefer to have a few hundred on me. But, it ranges between that and twenty bucks.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #39 of 49
Around $200ish when I go out. You never know what could happen out there.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #42 of 49
Realistically, You should *at least* carry about $10-$20 in cash at all times with your cards because some stores and cafes have a minimum credit card amount of $10-$20.

If you wish, you can have about $100 in cash a week spending limit for food and stuff in order to stick to your over all budget. It's common for financial experts to recommend this in order to discipline your credit card use. I highly recommend this approach.

If you are driving in the city a lot, I recommend that you have a roll of quarters or about $10 in spare change for parking meters. I store it in the change drawer of the dash board near the steering wheel of my 2008 Toyota Camry. It makes life easier for parking.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #43 of 49
I currently have $2.25 in change on me... so I suppose a self-respecting man should at least carry more than that.

I tend not to bother carrying cash around with me most of the time. Debit machines are extremely popular here in Canada, and since any food I buy I buy while I'm at school, I just put cash on to my student ID and use that. Works well - way faster than cash, debit, or credit cards.

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #44 of 49
Always carry $200 in twenties and my almighty Visa.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #45 of 49
right now i have ~300 because thats my 2 week disposable and i just got paid this weekend. For gas,food, and other regular expenses i have my ATM and 1 CC for emergencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back