How much interest in Sydney, Australia, meet?
Apr 19, 2004 at 10:27 AM Post #16 of 25
Yeah I'll probably come along and bring my phones with me, I don't know if Basement Hi-Fi would be willing but by all means give them a try, it would be good if they did but they didn't seem too happy with me, but the audio guy is pretty cool about stuff, its just the other guy who seemed quite pissed off at me.

We'll see....

Apr 19, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #17 of 25
I'd be pretty interested too.

I can bring in my collection of phones and amp
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 25
This is an interesting thread to lurk in. I'm on the Central Coast and rarely get to Sydney
mad.gif
, but I'm watching this meet slowly formulating in the vague hope I might just miraculously find a way to be part of it. But guys, hey, why a shop? Last time I looked, shops want you to buy something, not loiter and get in the real customers' way. This should be in someone's house where there's no pressure, but then of course there has to be enough of a variety of phones to make it worth the trouble. Maybe a smash and grab raid the day before the meet at somewhere like Len Wallis is the answer.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by silencer
Yeah I'll probably come along and bring my phones with me, I don't know if Basement Hi-Fi would be willing but by all means give them a try, it would be good if they did but they didn't seem too happy with me, but the audio guy is pretty cool about stuff, its just the other guy who seemed quite pissed off at me.

We'll see....

Hi Silencer,

Why would the guys at basement hi Fi be unhappy with you? We bought so much stuff off them so they should be happy shoundt they?

I hope you are enjoying your HD 650 as much as I am
600smile.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 11:11 AM Post #20 of 25
I did explain that to them that I have managed to get them a fair amount of customers and earned them thousands, but apparently Sennheiser threatened to stop supplying them if they continued to sell the 650's of at the price they gave us.

Either way one guy wasn't too happy

Apr 20, 2004 at 12:19 PM Post #21 of 25
Hi Silencer,

Yeah, I know what you mean at Basement HiFi, but Steve was very cool about it all. It really is amazing that competition is stimied by a supplier but in Australia we have trade practice laws to protect distributors not the public.

Anyhow, I missed an opportunity to visit basement hi fi today... a little thing called work got in the way. I'm outta town till next weekend as well, so if no one else has tried, I'll call in there next week.

And hope the HD650s are going well. I am currently thinking about an Alessandro set of cans... (dreaming really till I get to try them).

Cheers,

TonyAAA

May 23, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 25
I have gone off the idea, for the moment, because I've been spending way too much time reading this site so I need to take a break for a while. A meeting would only make me want to spend more money because I would become even more interested.

Jul 16, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #25 of 25
HiFi in York Street is a good choice, i can get there.. hsc is over in novmember lol,

i'm in if its around there, otherwise i'm too busy with school work etc...

i can bring

pimeta
cmoys
dt440
pana C780 CDP

someone plz bring a good source and we'll be needing a power point
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back