How much interest in Sydney, Australia, meet?
Apr 14, 2004 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 25
I don't post on here much, but I browse quite frequently. And even though I am from Canberra, I am willing to trek on up to Sydney for a meet with my audio gear. My gear is in my sig I think...

Apr 14, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 25
I'd certainly be interested. I cannot offer much in terms of cans for people to try (how many people are dying to try Portapros?) but I can provide a bbq lunch and a good source (sauce... get it...) in terms of the NAD C542. If you haven't auditioned the HDCD version of tubular bells on your cans you are missing something big!

I'm in Concord near the olympic stadium.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Apr 14, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 25
I dont know how exactly we are going to try your NAD cd-player, but sounds good lol.

Surely there must be more than just 3 of us.....

Apr 15, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 25
I might be interested depending on location and stuff, I'm sure we can easily get more than 3 people interested.
I have a friend who would probably be interested he has a pair of Beyers and Alessandros, not such of the models tho

I also have the C542, HD650's 7506's and Ety's

Apr 15, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 25
Lumnock, its easy... plug into the amp connected to the CD player!

and Silencer... mmm HD650 and Alessandros... mmm

TonyAAA

Apr 15, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by TonyTripleA
Lumnock, its easy... plug into the amp connected to the CD player!

and Silencer... mmm HD650 and Alessandros... mmm

TonyAAA

It's just that it looks like it's the size of a VCR, so I dunno about practical portable use unless we are holding the meet at your house
600smile.gif

And yeah, sign me up for some HD650 use aswell. Feel free to have a go of my Beyer DT770 and Headsave amp.....

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 25
Sorry Lumnock, I was talking about the BBQ at my house... ha, not lugging that monster anywhere that's for sure (both phones and BBQ!!).

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #9 of 25
We may have to post a link to this topic if we see someone from Sydney in the headphone section, because I don't think Sydney people would be looking at this section. Thanks TonyTripleA for offering your home.

I live in Parramatta and work in Artarmon.

Apr 16, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #11 of 25
Hi

I might be interested.

I should be receiving my maxed out pocket reference in early May. I have sennheiser HD650, sony eggos and cairn fog 2 CD player.

Silencer, are you enjoying your HD650s? How do they compare to your etys?

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #12 of 25
As far as Sydney shops... The guy at Wicked is pretty active on the Whirlpool forum. He has HD650 and HD600 in stock. He should be one of the first to the the HD595 which I really want to hear.

The other option is basement HiFi of course. They have a good range of AKG and Seinheisser.

TonyAAA

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 25
Come to think of it Basement HiFi in York Street has had at least five head-fi members buy stuff from them in the last month (including me). Next time I'm cruising past I'll see if they will get a pair of HD595 in and allow us to have a meet.

They have some nice sources, NAD and several SACD.

What do you reckon? My place is still another option. I'm near the Olympic stadium.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Apr 17, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #14 of 25
That all sounds good. I think we should wait a while though and see if anyone else turns up in this thread. I haven't been to Basement hi-fi for a long time so I may have to go in and have a look around soon.

Len Wallis in Lane Cove have Sennheisers, Stax, Koss, X-Can v2 amps and Perreaux amps on display.

Apr 18, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #15 of 25
Why don't we see who gets the HD595 in first? We can then ask them and guage their interest. I'll walk past Basement HiFi sometime in the next week (maybe Tuesday) so I'll raise it with Steve there.

I PMed Silencer but haven't heard back to know if he's interested but he is after all "mr basement hifi".

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back