How much do YOU think Koss KSC75s are worth?!
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 22
About the same as they currently sell for $20 or so.
They are quite nice for the price, but imo don't stack up to 'phone selling for 2-3 times more.

Dec 7, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 22
I voted MSRP. There's no way I would pay $49.99 or more for it. Not too long ago I compared my KSC75 and modded JBL 410 Reference with a HotUSB1 DAC/amp and with a portable amp, and I clearly preferred my JBL. I just compared the two yesterday again with the HotUSB1, and again I clearly preferred the JBL. The KSC75 is not nearly as clear and balanced, is missing deeper bass, and its highs are messed up. The JBL bass, mids, highs, sound stage, and impact are better. I bought the KSC75 on sale new for $6 and the JBL new for < $15 in an auction, very good deals. I have a headband for the KSC75 that I bought at a dollar store, and it works quite well. However, I probably will sell or give it away since I no longer use it.

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 22
I voted $49.99, but it's more that I think MRSP could go up to $49.99, and they'd still be worth it (albeit barely). I would like to add a caveat, however: The SQ might be worth up to $49.99, but the build/form factor sure ain't. I always compare the 75 to SR60. SR60 certainly sounds better than the 75...but not that much better, IMO. I found the 75 more comfortable (after adjusting the clip) than the SR60 and more portable too. Given the existence of the 75 and PX100, I don't really see what the fuss over SR60 is all about.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #12 of 22
if they came with the mods and a way better cable I wouldn't mind paying 49.99
biggrin.gif

stock-wise, MSRP

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MSRP: $19.99, no mods, no re-cable, no headband, just stock.

If you paid $49.99 or more, sorry, you got ripped off.

For that price I bought 8 pairs.
icon10.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted MSRP. There's no way I would pay $49.99 or more for it. Not too long ago I compared my KSC75 and modded JBL 410 Reference with a HotUSB1 DAC/amp and with a portable amp, and I clearly preferred my JBL.

While I prefer my K414P (unmodded
wink.gif
) to the KSC75, I'd say the KOSS isn't that bad.

The KOSS doesn't have much soundstage, nor bass presence, but the treble is slightly more defined than the AKG (or JBL410, they're the same)

I am impressed a under 20$ phone can have some sparkle. Straight out of any average HP jack, that KOSS always sound at least acceptable, which is why I like them. And being 60 ohms probably helps removing the hiss from bad sources too.

MSRP it is.

They sound fun for 20$.

They compete with cheap, entry level headphones, such as the CX300.

They aren't any better than the cheap, muddier, but more defined and refined HD477.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back