How much do I have to spend to get Koss KCS75 quality in an IEM?
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

macm75

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not very critical with my ipod listening but can survive with the KCS75 sound. Obviously the Koss’ are OK with its dynamic range and detail and that is all I ask for. So anyway, looking for recommendation for the least expensive IEM (hopefully less than $100) that can compete with the KCS75. If it cannot be done under $100, then I’d still like to know what gets me there. The only other thing I need with the recommendation is good exterior noise isolation.

I have done a few hours of searching but I see a lot of IEM vs IEM comparisons. Given the only IEM I’ve ever owed/heard is the JVC Marshmallow’s it’s not been easy to relate to the reviews.

Your help is very appreciated.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd say the Head-Direct RE2 but both have different sound signatures.

RE2 = more bright and not as musical or fun sounding as the KSC-75.

Just A/B'ed the two for you as I have them both right on my computer table atm.
I A/B'ed them though my Headfive amp..lols...overkill.
That said, you really can't beat the KSC-75's sound for the price..you can't..not even the Soundmagic PL-30, which are the performance to cost rage here atm in this subforum can.

If you want the most similiar sounding to a Koss KSC-75, the RE2's but there are better earphones for less in different aspects e.g. the C551's bass is uber-awesome and the best for under say $90.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 3
I sold my RE2s after a long, in-depth comparison to my KSC-75s one night. And the fiio. And the batteries/charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back