How much do HD 598 / DT 990 Pro / q701 bleed?
Dec 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BigZam

New Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade to a quality pair of headphones with a price range of $150-225, and I have been looking at the AKG q701, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, and the Sennheiser HD598. I will mainly be wearing these in my home (which is why open headphones would be fine). I am coming from a pair of Bose AE2. (No longer have them I sold them)

Sadly, I will not be home 100% of the time with these headphones. for id say 5-10% of the time I will be using these at the library. I probably wont be blasting my music, but I would like to still have music playing. I just want one pair of headphones.

How much do these individual headphones bleed? Or should I just look at closed headphones

If you have any suggestions on what headphones to look at rather than these 3, please let me know!

I want headphones that have a good soundstage. I play counter strike competitively and I would like to know where the footsteps are coming from :) The type of music that I listen to is rock / electronic. I am not much of a bass head and I do not want thundering bass.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I forgot to say that I want headphones that have a good soundstage. I play counter strike competitively and I would like to know where the footsteps are coming from :)

Thanks

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 4
i think you'll be fine if you can find a nice spot in the library away from everyone else.  ive seen people get away with blasting their iems, so i dont see why you couldnt get away with listening to open hps at moderate levels
if you really, absolutely need isolation, go for a closed headphone.  i really enjoy my k550 in fps games, especially cs 1.6.  pretty much the only thing i do in pubs now is prefire and wall.  it really pisses people off, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back