How much better than Tidal is Qobuz (for sound quality)?
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #31 of 33
I had both for a while as I was trying to decide between the two and optimize availability for Roon integration. I ended up going with Tidal just on their price changes, the fact that more albums tended to show up on Roon. I did like the value-add of Qobuz and the curation is definitely better. Overall, very happy as a consumer about price competition. (and I do use Apple via a One subscription for the family stuff too so the recommendations don’t get screwed up!)

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #32 of 33
How much better is Qobuz for SQ compared to Tidal?? well in numbers, from personal opinion, i would say its something like 100% qobuz and 98% tidal
i dont know what its but with the testing i did a while ago qobuz sounded like it had better bass and tidal sounded brighter, maybe this has changed with tidals switch to get rid of MQA again

If you dont care for high res, i can also recommend Deezer, its sounds more like qobuz than tidal and i personally dont hear much differences between cd quality and high res as long the mastering wasnt different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back