How much better is the Hugo than the Mojo?
Aug 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the Mojo and use it constantly.  I am thinking about getting a Hugo.   For those of you who have owned or auditioned both, how much better is the Hugo.  I have an acute case of upgrade-itis.  I am concerned that  MQA will render them both obsolete or severely diminish the Hugo's resale value.  

Any comment or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am sure this has been discussed but I can't seem to find a link to any threads that compare them. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Ok you don't need to own both 

What has anyone heard regarding the sound signature

I vaguely remember reading the Hugo was brighter while the Mojo was a bit warmer.  But the Mojo doesn't  sound warm to me?? 

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 5
  I have the Mojo and use it constantly.  I am thinking about getting a Hugo.   For those of you who have owned or auditioned both, how much better is the Hugo.  I have an acute case of upgrade-itis.  I am concerned that  MQA will render them both obsolete or severely diminish the Hugo's resale value.  

Any comment or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am sure this has been discussed but I can't seem to find a link to any threads that compare them. 

Hi John2e

I own a Hugo and borrowed a Mojo from a friend. my Hugo does double duty as my main DAC and headphone amp. I did not really do much back to back listening between the two but they both sound wonderful. Some say it is slightly warmer and my memory is it was a more full sound, richer if you like, note I am not calling chalk and cheese the differences are pretty subtle.

The Mojo owner also has a Hugo as and mentions he prefers the sound of the Mojo.

Note Chord Electronics are not your average manufacturer, they don't seem to mind making a superior product and pricing it as they intended, rather than how it performs compared to others in the market. Look at what happened when the Hugo was first released, some say a game changer and the Mojo is the similar in that its price to performance ratio makes it superb (even better) value. Don't take the market price of the two as a performance indicator.

If I owned the Mojo I would be satisfied unless I found it too rich, you might find the Hugo ever so slightly addresses this or might suit if you just had to have a 1/4" headphone jack or RCA outs. Its volume control is also very cool :)

I presume you have read http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo/reviews/14291 it has some sonics information right from the source

Cheers, Nick

edit: spelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back