How much better are Shures...
Jan 12, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just do not buy Shure headphones. In my opinion, they are all overpriced.

have you used them before to make such a statement?

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #17 of 48
well i've used every shure se line from 110, 210, 310, 420, and 530. its my job to sell them so i have the nice perk of being able to demo them for free. i plan on buying a set of 530s btw.
but let me explain i would not recommend buying any below the 310s. save that money and buy a set of v-modas, cx300, or jays. much better bang for your buck. when u buy lower end shures you aren't paying for the sound quality you are more paying for the sound isolation characteristic that is ideal for travel.
if you don't travel much or are around ALOT of loud noise then i wouldn't buy them.
spend that $100 and buy a set of v-moda vibe. i had a set of the vibe but after listening to the 530s so much i couldn't down grade so i returned them.
what i always tell customers with shure is that they all sound good but they get better as you go up. so if u don't want to shell out the extra bucks then don't listen to them cuz u're gonna want them.
and it has worked hundreds of times.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #18 of 48
and for the love of god please don't buy bose or compare bose to shures. shures are in a whole other league over the bose. i hate it when people ask me if they are as good as "bose"
mad.gif
. bose shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as shures. they have an excellent marketing campaign tho lol.

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 48
I own Ety ER4p and Shure E4c and a bunch of other IEMs. But I would say Shure E4 is a close match to ER4p. Shure E4c has great balance and detail. There is nothing lacking. I would say it's a little more balanced then ER4p.

Jan 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 48
Definitely in comparison, the higher-end Shures are more worth it's price than the lower-end ones. And for $30 more than the SE210 retail, you can easily find a pair of SE310/E4/SCL4 brand new.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to get se310 but found several reviews where people said se210 and se310 are almost identical in sound but the se210 is $100 less and more comfortable.

I'm not sure where you were reading those reviews, but I completely disagree. I've had the e3 and the e4 (basically se210 and se310) and they are night and day. I would say there's not much difference between the e2 and e3 (basically se110 and se210).

So... don't waste your money on the se210. They will be much better than the sony ex71 (more controlled bass and better mids), but they should be priced closer to $75 than $150. For $150 (or less) you should be able to pick up a new set of se310 or e4c

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by wackos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure where you were reading those reviews, but I completely disagree. I've had the e3 and the e4 (basically se210 and se310) and they are night and day. I would say there's not much difference between the e2 and e3 (basically se110 and se210).

So... don't waste your money on the se210. They will be much better than the sony ex71 (more controlled bass and better mids), but they should be priced closer to $75 than $150. For $150 (or less) you should be able to pick up a new set of se310 or e4c

i don't know where you got your information, but e3 does not equal se310, e2 not equal to se210.

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkems /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't know where you got your information, but e3 does not equal se310, e2 not equal to se210.

read a little closer

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #25 of 48
SE210 uses a similar driver as the E3 and SE310 uses the same driver as the E4. So from the specs, they're more or less comparable. Personally I think the SE series look slicker though, but that's beside the point. E4Cs (now rebranded as SCL4s) are far better than my old E2cs both in terms of comfort, isolation and sound, and I'd definitely recommend getting the SE310 or above or E4Cs and above to get a real feel for these IEMs.

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #26 of 48
there seems to be a misconception on between the E series and the SE series.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

yes they use the same drivers and everything but they are tuned differently. this is coming straight from the engineers at shure.

if you listen to the E500 and then the SE530s for example, which i have, you will notice they don't sound the same. The SE series is more crisp and detailed and the bass is less hollow and more definded due to the fact they were were made for personal listening rather than professional use.

the SE series, imo, sounds better than the E series. plus the SE series has those lovely black foam tips.
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you listen to the E500 and then the SE530s for example, which i have, you will notice they don't sound the same. The SE series is more crisp and detailed and the bass is less hollow and more definded due to the fact they were were made for personal listening rather than professional use.

Wow really? I thought the SE530 and the E500 were the exact same thing. The exact same IEM. I think I need to see some hard material that says the SE530 and E500 are officially different.

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow really? I thought the SE530 and the E500 were the exact same thing. The exact same IEM. I think I need to see some hard material that says the SE530 and E500 are officially different.

You're right. The E500 and SE530 are exactly the same (dixit Shure).

However, the other E and SE headphones are different. There s a shure interview floating somewhere where a shure guy says so

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you listen to the E500 and then the SE530s for example, which i have, you will notice they don't sound the same. The SE series is more crisp and detailed and the bass is less hollow and more definded due to the fact they were were made for personal listening rather than professional use.

The E500 and SE530 are exactly the same IEM, there is nothing different about them at all.

Jan 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #30 of 48
don't think anyone said they were the same, just said they were similar or comparable. Relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back