How miserable can one be?
May 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #46 of 91
Sorry to hear about your situation. Others have already given this advice, but I do think time heals (almost) all wounds ... yeah, you will have to feel bad for a while. But you will feel better eventually. Meanwhile have fun at canjam, it's a shame I can't be there, or I would buy you a pepsi and let you listen to my headphones
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #47 of 91
Sorry to hear this happen to you Pepsi. Hang in there and try to do things that will keep your head busy. As you said, there's no turning back now so just move forward. Hang in there guy! Find some buddies and hang out, and look forward to the summer. Things happen for a reason and maybe its better that it all comes out now then later on when you have a full family. Hang in there guy!

May 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #49 of 91
I know it sucks, better now than later. But you do live in Iowa city......its full of hot chicks! Let her go and dont ever look back! Iowa city is the best looking college town in the midwest. Enjoy yourself

May 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #50 of 91
Well, where to start.......................try having to pay child support for two kids you hardly ever get to see,try working at Wal-mart for next to nothing in pay, try living in Hawaii (one of the most expensive places to live in case you didn't know)cause that's where your kids live, try living check to check for the past 16.33 years ,(hell yeah I'm counting) try driving a car with no insurance cause you cant afford it, try eating cup=o-noodles for months on end(47cents each , not bad)............................I feel for you bro , I really do, and even though I know this post will get flamed to all hell, think I care? not really, and to top it all off, there are people way more worse off than I/ us. And no I'm not trying to outdo your misery moment in any way

Make yourself number 1, you obviously woke up today( thank God), whether you believe in him or not) thank your health, your wife is sleeping with an old flame , good for her, she made herself number 1, why don't you?, your heart feels pain, boo hoo, time and memories where created, , you can make new ones, bro be strong and move ahead, If your looking for shoulder to cry on, find one, cry your ass off, eventually you'll get tired of crying( trust me) flip the page because dwelling will only hurt and haunt, life is way too short to waste time on dwelling (exes love it when you dwell), my heart goes out to you but so does my may-be too blunt honesty, be strong, strive forward, I say this cause were(us men) all brothers in one way or another, And I only say this / this way I chose to because in real life I would say the exact same thing to any of my brothers in real life.

Love,
your online friend Jess from Hawaii, Aloha

May 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never cheated on my wife, nor have i planned to. We were just talking about our plan for kids in the future around last month also. I really don't know what happened. I think i've tried quite a bit to keep us together, i never even saw signs. Or maybe i was blind. Either way, even if she wasn't happy, going behind someone's back is never the answer.

You might not recognize the signs now, but with hindsight you may eventually come to realize what they were. It's nothing to dwell on; what's done is done. Everything you learn from the experience will improve your life and relationships in the future.

For now, take care of yourself, heed Uncle Erik's advice, and enjoy CanJam. And don't leave any headphones or important items in her possession!

May 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #53 of 91
I'm sorry to hear it. Just consider yourself fortunate you don't have children. I know from experience as I was the child of a nasty divorce and got divorced myself. It was nasty. My ex wife took my girls to Japan and can't be found. It's been 8 years and I haven't seen my children nor do I know where they are. Children are where the deepest heartbreak is. I rarely think about my ex wife's infidelity now. I can't get over my girls.

I know you're going through the toughest thing you've ever been. You must, for your own sanity and life quality, grieve and move on as quickly as possible. It will save you. Learn from what I haven't been able to do.

Make sure you have all your legal affairs in order.

I wish you all the best.

Peace,

Ross

May 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #54 of 91
If you get really depressed to the point of having suicidal ideations, please ask for help, talk to friends; life is worth living, and there is always light at the end if the tunnel.

May 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #55 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry to hear it. Just consider yourself fortunate you don't have children. I know from experience as I was the child of a nasty divorce and got divorced myself. It was nasty. My ex wife took my girls to Japan and can't be found. It's been 8 years and I haven't seen my children nor do I know where they are. Children are where the deepest heartbreak is. I rarely think about my ex wife's infidelity now. I can't get over my girls.

I haven't felt tears in my eyes for someone else in... years.

May 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #56 of 91
Think about it in terms of a natural disaster, it happened and there is nothing you could or can do about it. Focus on rebuilding your life.

We can have a thousand pasts but only one future, in other words, dabbling on whats past and thinking about what you could have done is futile.

May 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #57 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't felt tears in my eyes for someone else in... years.

Thank you. My goal isn't to hijack the thread but to, hopefully, show the OP that he is fortunate, to a small degree, even though things look grim and is feeling over overwhelmed. I wish him all the best and hope he won't fall into the same traps and make the same mistakes I have.

Peace,

May 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #59 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. My goal isn't to hijack the thread but to, hopefully, show the OP that he is fortunate, to a small degree, even though things look grim and is feeling over overwhelmed. I wish him all the best and hope he won't fall into the same traps and make the same mistakes I have.

I understand that. I don't know what to say to Pepsi aside from good luck bro, I have nowhere near the life experiences needed...

May 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get really depressed to the point of having suicidal ideations, please ask for help, talk to friends; life is worth living, and there is always light at the end if the tunnel.

Don't worry, i may be depressed to a point where it's unimaginable, i keep it rational. I still have a great career that i worked so hard to build, there's plenty of things i want to do, including having children. If i died if would be like killing them.

God, this city is beautiful, on top of that, so are the women.
tongue.gif

Thank god for head-fi, your words are so inspirational and makes me want to move on that much further. My "hitting on chicks skills" are pretty rusty, after almost 7 years of commitment one can only imagine. This is definitely my first goal to work on. And thanks again guys, i can't do it enough to show my gratitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back