How many Utopias have you lost/gained in the stock market?
Mar 14, 2020 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

donkeywalker

100+ Head-Fier
In a weird way, COVID is giving me new perspective on hobby budgeting. From last week's turmoil, does it change anyone's perspective on buying and selling hifi gears?

Mar 14, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Funny, I do actually fund, at least in part, my audio purchases through the profits I make actively trading. I was fortunate enough to aggressively divest about three or four days prior to the market peak, mostly due to fear of overvaluation. On the other hand, I put quite a bit back into gold, which hasn't taken off as much as I expected. Still, I ended up with some real headphone purchasing power. I keep my headphone/stock market hobbies financially separate from what you might call operational expenses, so losing money in the market would never threaten the mortgage or anything like that. Fundamentally, I'm a pretty risk-adverse and tightfisted individual, so not much change in perspective possible there.

Mar 16, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Headphone listening is an introverted thing so I think headphones will still thrive. Right now, I'm more worried about the toilet paper crises.

I just saw the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse where I live but they were carrying toilet rolls. Glass half full and all that :upside_down:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back