How many stuff you carry?
Jun 2, 2003 at 5:57 PM Post #31 of 59
I carry a backpack where ever I go.

inside is my PCDP, a book, pen+ pencils, pocket notebook, tissue, lollies and a mini-umbrella.

I been told a trait of a nerd/geek is a backpack.
mad.gif
u think its true?

Jun 2, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #35 of 59
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Any other shoulder/messenger bag users?

[/size]I often carry one. (Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode about the "man-purse"?)

There was a similar thread some time ago, and my answer is almost the same, with a few changes. I usually carry a lot of things with me, just about everywhere.

Things you can find me with most of the time:
  1. Victorinox "Rambler" Swiss Army Knife (it's one of the tiny Victorinox Swiss Army models with a very cool little phillips screwdriver)
  2. Benchmade AFCK knife and/or Ernest Emerson handmade folding knife
  3. An old NEC MobilePro 780 HPC (Windows CE sub-subnotebook form factor PDA), and also wireless WAN and wireless LAN cards
  4. Cellular phone
  5. Pelican Super MityLite flashlight (it's a very bright 2-AAA light)
  6. Wallet, or sometimes just loose bills and a few cards and ID
  7. An old Palm IIIx PDA
Things I carry from time to time, but not always:
  1. Dell Inspiron 8500 notebook computer
  2. Portable headphone rig
  3. A bunch of CDs
  4. A handgun and spare magazine
  5. Leatherman Wave or Gerber Legend multi-tool
  6. An old SureFire 9N flashlight
  7. A small Eagle Creek umbrella
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. For all of this stuff, I usually carry a shoulder bag of some kind, my current favorite for most days being a ballistic nylon model by REI. When I'm carrying a backpack with my office gear, then, believe it or not, I carry even more stuff.

Jun 2, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #36 of 59
All this gun-carrying is making me a bit nervous... have any of you guys ever been pick-pocketed or robbed? Has anyone here ever, gulp, needed to use one? Really scary stuff, IMO. I've never even seen a real gun, nevermind used one. The closest I'll hopefully ever get to a real gun is at the arcade.

Jun 2, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Things you can find me with most of the time:

• Note to self: Don't piss off Jude in person.
    *notices "Adminstrator" tag*
    Note to self: Don't piss off Jude, period.

Jun 2, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #38 of 59
^ LOL ,eric

Despite I carry so many stuff, I rarely carry any cash with me. Visa is good enough for 99%. I don't buy in vending machines, and there is a debit card for cafe. Just a few coins in the car for the meters.

Jun 3, 2003 at 12:23 AM Post #39 of 59
I aren't going to list stuff like Gum, tissues, or Keys and wallet, Even Cell phone. As they are just regulary stuff, and I aren't going to list key rings either, Swiss army knife or not.

But before I leave the house, or when I am out, leaving a friend's house, I check that I have 3 things, Keys, Phone and Wallet. These are the 3 things that can get me home or contact someone in case of an emergency.

The only other thing I carry is my Sony Clie PDA.

Jun 3, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #40 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Trounce
All this gun-carrying is making me a bit nervous... have any of you guys ever been pick-pocketed or robbed? Has anyone here ever, gulp, needed to use one? Really scary stuff, IMO. I've never even seen a real gun, nevermind used one. The closest I'll hopefully ever get to a real gun is at the arcade.

I would think that closest you would want to get to a real gun would be close to some Head-Fi member, like Jude. Then you know your safe.

Jun 3, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #41 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by Trounce

You should watch the movie Bowling For Columbine. Very interesting and informative.

Jun 3, 2003 at 6:49 AM Post #42 of 59
Always in my Pockets:

Lead pen
Ink pen
rubber
steel ruler
Nokia 3310
Wallet
Sharpener

Always on my belt
Philips Expanium 515
Canon ixus IV

I 75% of time have backpack in case i need to transfer something, and if I dont, I have Self made coat what has 1 big pocket in the back.

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #44 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by veesmak
You should watch the movie Bowling For Columbine. Very interesting and informative.

you do know the movie was faked right? (apoligies for the thread jacking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back