How many Sony MDR CDxxxx have been produced ? (CD3000, CD1000, CD950, ...)
Oct 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bush

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

does anyone know how many Sony MDR CD3000 have been produced ?
How many CD1000 ?
How many CD950 ?
How many CD850 ?
How many CD750 ?
The reason for these questions is because I don't see many of them on ebay or any other trade web site.
Have they been broken and/or used as parts for the CD3000 ? Do their owners want to keep them because they are better than today's headphones ?
I'd be glad if someone had reliable informations about these numbers.
Thanks in advance.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Still no answer to these questions ?
No Sony fans on this forum ?

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 7
There are fans, but these are all fairly uncommon headphones these days. I don't know about exact production, but it's probably not huge numbers (just based on some serialized headphones that are equally expensive). I would guess under 100,000 but who knows, and I doubt Sony would tell you either. :xf_eek:

The models apart from the CD3000 (except for the CD900ST) are less common around here, but probably exist in bigger numbers. No idea on resale markets for them, again, they're not commonly mentioned just due to their age. I don't think they fit into the realm of "scarce" like an HP-1 or something, but then again, it's not like there's an ocean of them for sale online.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
There are fans, but these are all fairly uncommon headphones these days. I don't know about exact production, but it's probably not huge numbers (just based on some serialized headphones that are equally expensive). I would guess under 100,000 but who knows, and I doubt Sony would tell you either.
redface.gif

The models apart from the CD3000 (except for the CD900ST) are less common around here, but probably exist in bigger numbers. No idea on resale markets for them, again, they're not commonly mentioned just due to their age. I don't think they fit into the realm of "scarce" like an HP-1 or something, but then again, it's not like there's an ocean of them for sale online.

Thanks you for your response.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, that's right. As many CD1000 have been cut up to repair CD3000 since the drivers are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back