How many people with DAP's have multiple Micro SD cards loaded and swap cards out often?
Jun 4, 2017 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

timb5881

1000+ Head-Fier
Just curious as to how people keep track of the cards (label storage etc)? I currently have 2 DAP's that take cards, the Fiio X3 II with 1 slot and the Xduoo X10 with 2 slots. I am debating if I should but more than the 3 cards I have for them. While I have pulled cards from one and installed it in another player, I am debating if it would be wise to have all my media stored on micro SD cards and swap as I need to or simply pull and replace songs on my current cards when I desire a change. That is what I do with my iPod Classic 160Gb, but it holds most of the music I like that is on Apple Lossless, so not much swaping on it.
Either way, the music is all backed up on Hard Drives.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 14
My Dap takes two cards and i have 2 200 gig cards in there now. I am planning on upgrading them to 256 cards when I get a chance, but that is enough storage for me right now. I dont like the idea of having to resync my library every time changing sd cards.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 14
My Dap takes two cards and i have 2 200 gig cards in there now. I am planning on upgrading them to 256 cards when I get a chance, but that is enough storage for me right now. I dont like the idea of having to resync my library every time changing sd cards.
I have a couple of 200gb cards in my dap also, don't want to swap them out, holds all my library. Trouble is too many daps and not enough cards.

Jun 4, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 14
I have a couple of 200gb cards in my dap also, don't want to swap them out, holds all my library. Trouble is too many daps and not enough cards.
Well there are two solutions to that. One is reduce the number of Dap you have. the only real solution is to buy more sd cards LOL.

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 14
I currently have 12 64gb cards which are thematically grouped and which are marked by initials by a felt-tip pan. So I have for instance 1 marked B for Baroque which covers music from 1200 to 1750 (yes I am aware that this includes Polyphony and Renaissance music). 1 marked R for Romantic covering 1750 to 1900, etc. I have Fu for Funk, Fo for Folk and Pr for Prog rock, El for electro, etc. I do have one unmarked which is a latest acquisition micro card - this changes frequently. This arrangement allows to me to roughly track what genres are where and chose music accordingly. All cards are carried in a small micro-card wallet from a Photo store - handy and accessible. I'd change cards probably two to four times a day, depending on mood and length of album.

My Dap is a Cowon Plenue 1 with 128gb storage - this is used for my favourite 200 albums across all genres. All albums in ALAC and chosen from a 3TB library...

regards,

Giles

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 14
My Pioneer XDP100 takes 2 cards.

My #1 card usually stays in place and contains my "greatest hits" collection (256gb).

My #2 card gets swapped with several 256gb cards depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Nintendo showed some 2tb microSD cards at the Switch unveiling, so I imagine it won't be too long until us mere mortals can buy them too....

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 14
How do you like your Pioneer 100? Just a bit disappointed in battery life, but all in all a very nice sounding unit, using neutron or hiby or jetaudio, depending on my mood for my selected players.

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #9 of 14
I think I fall into the latter category. I never want to get rid of my older equipment, yet I want to always get new. I still have a handful of old portable CD players.

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 14
How do you like your Pioneer 100? Just a bit disappointed in battery life, but all in all a very nice sounding unit,

I like it a lot.

It took about 6 total charge/discharge cycles to get the full 17 hour battery life out of it.

Of course in the truck, it's always charging while playing.

I've got a bunch of HDtracks on it, and they sound really nice.

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 14
I like it a lot.

It took about 6 total charge/discharge cycles to get the full 17 hour battery life out of it.

Of course in the truck, it's always charging while playing.

I've got a bunch of HDtracks on it, and they sound really nice.
I've never let it fully discharge, guess i better give it a whirl, i have most apps turned off except what is needed, don't use bluetooth, and my wifi is always off to save some battery life, i do check now and again for updates from play store, only time i use wifi after initial setup. 17 hours is impressive.

Jun 5, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 14
Don't forget to delete/disable all the crap-aps that lurk in the background, chewing up your CPU cycles.

Maps, GPS, Google Books, Facebook, Grinder, Gmail, Contacts, Printer, Youtube - all get removed - you've got a phone for that junk.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 14
Don't forget to delete/disable all the crap-aps that lurk in the background, chewing up your CPU cycles.

Maps, GPS, Google Books, Facebook, Grinder, Gmail, Contacts, Printer, Youtube - all get removed - you've got a phone for that junk.
Exactly, all that stuff is disabled, i played it til it powered off on its own, give that a few cycles and see how it shakes out for a longer battery life.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 14
My Pioneer XDP100 takes 2 cards.

My #1 card usually stays in place and contains my "greatest hits" collection (256gb).

My #2 card gets swapped with several 256gb cards depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Nintendo showed some 2tb microSD cards at the Switch unveiling, so I imagine it won't be too long until us mere mortals can buy them too....
Well i found a good price for 200gb cards on ebay, 55 apiece, purchased, filled with my tunes, now i swap out between my dx80 and X5Ii, pioneer stays intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back