How many people never read the marketplace stickies?
Feb 13, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #31 of 34
The wording in the Rules do come across as a courteous request rather than a firm order; however I believe they (mods) wanted to emphasize that without coming off as too autocratic. That being said, I am sure the moderators have better things to do than making sure each and every single thread is not bumped more than once in a 24hr period.

I guess what I'm getting at is that asking a mod for a final ultimatum on whether that policy is binding or not, rests wholly on the the populace of Head-fi; there will be everyday bumpers regardless, and the rule is in place, but enforcing it is another matter.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #32 of 34
I'm bumping this. I never got a clear answer for whether or not the rule stickied at the top of the marketplace forums should still be followed or not. I know that this is such a minor thing, and blah blah blah; I've been following the rule very closely, but it seems just about everybody else isn't. I'm not sure if the rule is now outdated and immtbiker doesn't care any more, or if we should still follow it as it is still stickied.

brn80 - It does come off as a sort of courteous request, but the one in the Headphones FS/FT forum it is more firm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Also, please do not bump your own ad everyday!

In addition to the not bumping your ad every day rule, it seems that people don't really follow the not bumping threads for others rule as well. It seems to happen all the time, with the poster either directly stating a free bump or adding extraneous comments along the lines of "Wow, those are beautiful!" or "If I could afford it I would buy it!" or just personal impressions on the item being sold. I'm just wondering if this rule is still in effect as well.

I would just like clarification as I've tried really hard to follow these rules, but it seems just about everybody else doesn't follow them (or even knows about them...).

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #33 of 34
Read post 28. I thought that explained it rather well. If it's mentioned in a sticky post, then it's important enough to be paid attention to. The fact that some people don't follow it .... because they haven't read the sticky, or because they feel badass whenever they can break rules ... doesn't mean it's OK.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #34 of 34
I would hate buyers leaving amazon link to my post.. because it probably irrelevant to the price i paid for the product.

Its individual's ability to find right deal for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back