How many people never read the marketplace stickies?
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Azure

Headphoneus Supremus
In particular this one: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144466

Quote:

If you are not the person buying/selling or trading...please do not bump for them.

Also, please do not bump your ad everyday!

It seems like 95% of sellers bump their threads every single day, and people often give each other free bumps and what not. I know it seems minor, but it is a rule, and it's been bugging me for some time (Bumping your thread daily doesn't give a fair chance for exposure to those that actually follow the rules and don't bump their threads daily).

It'd be nice if people would start following these rules from now on.

Feb 5, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bump

har har

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say bumping at 24-hour intervals is perfectly fair and normal practice at essentially every forum I visit, but anything less is excessive, I think.

I feel the same way, but this is Head-Fi, and you have to follow the rules outlined by the moderators. It specifically says in the sticky not to bump your thread every day, but nearly everybody still does it. What's so hard about restraining yourself and waiting at least one extra day to at least follow the freaking rules, I ask.

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only bump my threads if they fall to page two, which usually takes about half a week or so.

same here. never read the sticky though

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only you had moderator status, I'm sure you would remedy this "problem" in no time!

If he had moderator status, I'd quit Head-Fi on general principle.

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he had moderator status, I'd quit Head-Fi on general principle.

♪Wouldn't it be good♪

lambda.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 34
We do it because the moderators don't enforce the rule.

If they started handing out warnings and bans because of it I'm sure everyone would be much more obedient.

Feb 5, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #13 of 34
Bumping for Graphicism.

Feb 5, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumping for Graphicism.

Like, wow, who would have expected that?

rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #15 of 34
I think whats more annoying is that people feel the need to thread crap in the marketplace even with the sticky. And the fact that mods delete posts, and some of them wonder "gee where did my post go, what did I do wrong?"

It has gotten to the point where I'm now mentioning to please contact me instead of posting in my for sale or want to buy thread, and mentioning the rules in case people can't read the very first post (sticky) of a forum. Some poor guy recently had his HD650 sale thread ruined by a bunch of thread crappers.

But I do try and follow the bumping rule, it's a good rule (I know I've broken it when I've said PMs replied when someone said YGMP, I will be more careful in the future). I try to bump every 3 days, or for slow moving forums like the cable forum, sometimes it will only move off the page after a week. And people do read past the first page, I've received PMs for stuff I was selling that was on the 3rd/4th/5th page. So don't worry someone is looking at your thread
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back