How many pairs of headphones do you lug with you on the road?
Mar 5, 2007 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

The_Duke_Of_Eli

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm just curious if it's just me, but does anyone else take more than one set of headphones with them at a time? Just like how people enjoy many different headphones at home, I like having at least 2 pairs with me, an IEM and a closed phone. Depending on whether I need the isolation or what kind of music I listen to I'll switch between the headphones, sometimes even during the same commute. Does anyone else like carrying more than one set of headphones with them portably for the same reason?

Edit: actually packed with me now I have 3 pairs. My K81djs for closed full-sized headphone, and my v-moda bass freqs and d-Jays with an assortment of tips each for an upcoming review/impressions thread with other goodies. And I recokon by the time I get my samples I'll be carrying no less than 4 pairs with me...am I the only one to succumb to this madness?

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 26
I'll least bring along the KSC75 and hopefully the ER4P soon as well (used the iM716 in the past). My reasoning is that the KSC75 is useful for when I need to hear my parents talking or others around me. The ER4P is to block out the car's music during the trip.

Same with airplanes: only ER4P, because people sit so close to you...but then you have to be careful of any flight attendant trying to talk to you. Maybe a PTH device is needed in the future.
blink.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 26
I usually take one on the go... however, if it is a long trip or a flight trip i will take 2 or 3 (IEM
etysmile.gif
, cans
280smile.gif
and other for sport use
lambda.gif
)

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 26
I also bring along two different sets of headphones with me when I go out. My E2cs are for the bus and noisy libraries, and my KSC-75s are for anywhere where I don't mind some sound leakage. It works well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 26
i usually only carry my marshmallows with me, but sometimes i also carry my ksc75's for occasions of no external noise.

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 26
i carry my e4c's for personal listening, but I always carry some generic earbuds in case a friend wants to listen, but thinking about some ksc-75's for that. just because i'm sharing doesn't mean i have to suffer, right?

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 26
i just carry mi ibuds x_x .... till my e500s arrive (damn slow import process!)

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 26
I absolutely always carry three pairs with me - IEM's, buds, and larger closed cans - although I don't know why! I really only ever use the closed cans as they're the most convenient on the go. If I find myself somewhere that I can chill out (like a park) then I'll pull out the IEM's. I don't even know why I carry buds as it's been about two years since I last plugged them in.

Funny thing is tho, it seems that whenever I go out without my bag I find myself in a CD store wishing I had some cans with me to audition music - this always happens without fail!

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #12 of 26
I do carry 3 most times (2 are stashed in my pack -- Philips SHL9500, iBuds) including the ones I'd be currently using at the time.

Initially, the iBuds are there for a "just because" reason; and my SHL9500s are my lunch break cans. Not only that, my Shuffle is kept in the bag; again, for a "just because". I should put my splitter in there for good measure.

Quote:

Funny thing is tho, it seems that whenever I go out without my bag I find myself in a CD store wishing I had some cans with me to audition music - this always happens without fail!

Interestingly enough, a local independent record shop does have splitters connected to their listening booths; so I wouldn't have to use their ratty V150s!!
tongue.gif
My bag is always with me 95% of the time when I commute.

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #13 of 26
i carry 2 most of the time.my sony mdr-d777 and my v-moda bassfreq.the voda is for the office the sony for everywhere else.

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #14 of 26
Close to home this one. I normally carry two sets: UM2 with custom tips for use on planes, and some Bang & Olufsen A8 for use when I have to be able to hear what is going on around me. I keep them all in a pack with my mp3 player (Zune) and a total bithead amp in my carryon, and I had it all stolen on the plane last week (Lima to Santiago - one minute it was there, I went to sleep, and when we landed and I went to pack up it was gone - no one saw anything and the airline wouldn't search everyone). So I am now in the market for a comlplete new set, and will not be carrying it all together.

RichP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back